Friday, December 6, 2019

LP1: L is for Liam Payne the Lionheart




If one looks up the name "Liam" online, there seems to be a bit of conflict on its origin - whether it's German-derived or Irish-derived.   Doesn't matter, though, because the constant trait which follows the shortened form of "William" to any site you visit, is that the name "Liam" means valiant, strong-willed, protector.

He was also a Sunday's Child and Sunday's child is fair, wise and joyful.




There couldn't be more appropriate words to describe Liam, at least since I've observed and followed him.  

Strong-willed:


Throws caution to the wind:


https://closetwithaview.tumblr.com/post/189515493336/remember-when-liam-read-a-sign-that-said-my-first
 

You never know when he's going to do it.


https://28nachos.tumblr.com/post/187966691742/kayarra-submitted
 

He respects women's rights:

I don’t usually comment on politics but this one got me and is so important. This whole abortion law thing in America is a mess I mean your completely taking away the rights of women and the ownership of the bodies that belong to them. I have so much respect for women Watching someone go through pregnancy and how tough it can be at times and us as men never have to go through that so how can we even comment or decide what women should or shouldn’t go through, it is total BS that anyone is even given that power.
It’s bad enough that women have to go through cycles of periods that can be painful without making some of them have to go through with unwanted pregnancies that will literally change the course of the lives they lead at all ages. Here was me thinking it was supposed to be the land of the free it all looks very tied up from where I’m standing. Abortion up to a certain point should always be legal it’s only right that woman are given that choice to make for themselves. 



And this moment:


 

Aaaah yes, sometimes the past can be forgotten.

He's compassionate:


https://jimmytfallon.tumblr.com/post/183909137637/gucciandbanana-x
 

Aware of and supportive of rights for all:


 

Sunday's Child is good, especially when no one else is watching.


https://kindofsharethat.tumblr.com/post/175301053264/thedailypayne-vintagetc9009-so-i-told-myself
 

Another example of Liam's genuineness and generosity occurred a few years back as part of what has evolved into an annual tradition in the One Direction fandom. Amy, from LesbiansLoveLarry (now 28nachos), whose collaborative 1D JustGiving Birthday Drives, raise money each year in support of a designated charity closely associated with one of the guys (e.g., Rays of Sunshine, The Eden Dora Trust for Children with Encephalitis, Switchboard, etc.) received a surprising donation of nearly $4,000 from out of nowhere. The charity drive was in support of Liam's The Way, Wolverhapton Youth Zone in honor of his 24th birthday:


Anonymous asked: What did you think when you Saw it?

AMY:  i got the notification from just giving in my email and i was like who the fuck just donated 3000 pounds….and then i saw the message and literally was shaking and frantically texting layne and ariel and layne wasnt responding so i was like fuck it im calling her! and then she about died!

Liam Payne
1 hour ago
When I first heard about this I was blown away that you would do such an amazing thing for my birthday. You are incredible. I want to help you reach your goal, so here is my contribution. Thank you x
£3,000.00

 
Again, you never know when Liam Payne is going to wrangle free and make a run for the "off-leash" area:




You just have to pay attention:


https://sexatoxbridge.tumblr.com/post/165920983732/somewhereisaplacethatziamknow-hello-and-welcome

So as anyone can see, Liam gets his licks in when he can, but like most celebrities (particularly the closeted ones), Liam is not the only one at the helm of his social media.  Images are created and reinforced by interns who also have the "car keys," aka logins/passwords. These social media teams are often directed to manipulate, i.e., lie,  when it comes to their clients' location,  who they are seen with, and what they are doing at any given time.

Which means we should not make the mistake of buying everything we read, every Instagram post that is published, every tweet transmitted, or every photo that appears online.  This also applies to the mistake of automatically believing every song lyric Liam may sing or allegedly "write", or every interview that is broadcasted. Particularly, when dealing with someone who is presented as being free from Sony/Syco's clutches, yet somehow still has direct ties that are hard to ignore (e.g., the very public post 1D relationship with Simon Cowell minion Cheryl Cole and his own own version of Babygate, "Bear" Payne; his melded at the hips support of another Simon Cowell lackey Rita Ora's revived career, and now the suspicious hookup with a Texas millionaire's heiress that seems remarkably similar to 1D tabloid fodder during an album promotion. Oh, and let's not forget Liam's multiple appearances on the X-Factor since 2016, even though the official story was that Simon Cowell was "annoyed" that Liam signed with Capitol Records.

Therefore, despite these unresolved entanglements, we salute the man we know Liam James Payne to be because it was indeed a big day regardless of the drama.  His first album, entitled LP1, was released.


There are 17 singles on the album, a combination of previous releases and new. 


• Stack It Up (featuring A Boogie wit da Hoodie)
• Remember
• Heart Meet Break
• Hips Don't Lie
• Tell Your Friends
• Say It All
• Rude Hours
• Live Forever (feat. Cheat Codes)
• Weekend
• Both Ways
• Strip That Down (feat. Quavo)
• For You (w/ Rita Ora)
• Familiar (w/ J Belvin)
• Polaroid (w/ Jonah Blue and Lennon Stella)
• Get Low (w/ Zedd)
• Bedroom Floor
• All I Want (for Christmas)

Look at that list.  That's quite an effort of hard work and accomplishment.  Liam has traveled endless miles, visited radio stations, made countless public appearances and performed at music festivals promoting his music, endorsements and brand.  He has much to be proud of and today, Narnia Dispatches says,

Well Done, with Much Love and Pride. We see the Real Liam Payne.


































We won't ever forget this moment when Liam surprised all by appearing at the 2017 Brit Awards, accepting the award on behalf of One Direction, for British Artist Video.



"One Direction is who we are and who we always will be." - words spoken by someone who is proud of his music roots and band mates.




photo credits:  Esquire Middle East, Evening Standard, hdqwalls,  
                        steemit, jygyoo tumblr, lesbianslovelarry, shopliam
                        payneofficial, pinterest, gifer, giphy
our playlist:  Remember - Liam Payne
                     Heart Meet Break - Liam Payne
                     All I Want (For Christmas) - Liam Payne
                     Polaroid - Liam Payne


5 comments:

prairiegirl said...

I LOVE “Remember” which is the second song on LP1. Its on Repeat right now.

His vocal journey has been something he can be so proud of,

prairiegirl said...

Ha! I still had my TGiving avi up.

I know that there will be many moments I’ve left out or or don’t know about, but these were just a few that were exemplary of the kind of person Liam is and not as Sony/Syco has arrogantly and bullishly appointed themselves the town crier for planting the false image of.

prairiegirl said...

We are having a heckuva snowstorm right now. :-( I need my sad snow face avatar, lol. I was out for an hour and at first it was just snow showers, but now it's full blown snow.

Well, I had a funeral yesterday, one of my aunts passed away and so that wasn't fun. I'd already long decided no open casket for me; it's cremation all the way and now I don't even know if I want a memorial service. Just spread me around in a few places and I'm good. LOL!

Do you reckon it's important to have that kind of closure for folks to see their loved one? I guess that's the point? But everything looks so fake and the make up is just......ugh. I don't think I need that kind of closure. When my dad passed, I knew he was gone. I didn't need to see any more. And it was very hard on my mom when she saw him afterwards. I don't want people staring at me, even if I'm not really there to see them staring at me. LOL! Will I be able to look down at it all? I'm really curious about that, how it's going to work. Does anyone else ever wonder about that kind of thing? Can my dad see me when I'm being bad? Can an aunt or uncle see me behaving rudely and shake their head? "Boy, I never knew Mary was so rude, so selfish! Geez!" I wonder about that sometimes, lol.

Maybe the point is to see them one more time? I don't know. Anyway, kind of interesting to contemplate. And when we're young, we think we're going to live forever, right?

We cousins were pretty close - a lot of reunions and picnics, weddings, summer visits and whatnot. Many of us were close in age. It's a great support system. And so all of our parents who used to get after us and were big to us, now they're shorter than us and frailer and I'm helping my aunt to stand up during the service because they're all Catholic (I left the Catholic, church to join the Methodist), they sit and stand, sit and stand, sit and stand. And it's a real full circle, like they say.

And you don't know where the years went. I like knowing what I know now and there are some of those pressures gone that you have in your twenties (career, career, what am I going to do) and you know that you have decades of work ahead of you, lol. I appreciate some things more, like Christmas, it's just about being together. There really isn't anything I can ever think of anymore for my wish list that I probably couldn't buy myself, and so it really is just about enjoying the whole season and what it's about. I like coming to that realization.

But then by the time you hit all of these "wise" realizations, the wheels are beginning to fall off the cart like aches & pains and grey hairs and not being able to go as hard at it like my 50 minute power walks. LOL. And so you aren't as young and obnoxiously energetic to be able to have this outlook at say, 25 years old. And relish it.

But what is fun is that there are many of my co-workers who are the same age and it is fun to talk to them and we talk about some of these things, about some of the nuances of aging and it's great to laugh together because you both identify.

There is a season for everything, that is true for sure. I never understood that saying - they were kind of like just words to me. They sounded nice. But now they really make more sense.

Don't mind me!! I'm just airing out some stuff. Funerals do that, lol.

prairiegirl said...

Still working on my post. I hope to get some done today. It's been rough. Work is killing me. We're so busy. Lots of changes and trying to be sure and get my walks in.

And still some shopping to do. Can you imagine how many presents Jake and Austin need to buy? Holy moly. Same with the J's. That's a lot of kids. That's a lot of cups of hot cocoa. A lot of cookies. A lot of sleds to go sledding in. It's a lot of presents for personal assistants to wrap.

Awww and a lot of homemade ornaments. You know, my mom still has some of our kids' homemade ornaments. The pipe cleaner bell, the glittery, discolored, stiff felt and construction paper decorations, lol. They're fun to bring out and laugh at, aren't they?

Cut out cookies aren't hard as much as they are a lot of work and they make a huge mess. But they're so good!

prairiegirl said...

I'm mud! I did not get a post up for Jake's birthday today. :-(

I was going to finish it tonight, but now I need to go out for the evening and so I'm not going to be able to.

Hopefully things will settle down at my job after the New Year because this is getting kind of ridiculous.

Happy Birthday to Mr. Jakers!