Thursday, December 19, 2019

Aaaah, But to Be 39 - Happy Birthday, Mr. GyllenNichols





Can you believe that this young man right here (as he fusses with the metal, portable cart)...



who hung out at Borders with Austin on a Friday night,



cradled his puppy Boo,



loved his cashmere grandpa vests and sweaters,































played baseball,




































wore birds and stamps on his shirts,







grocery shopped in flip flops and red polos (and tons of paper/plastic combos!!),


























loved Sprinkles cupcakes,




ate on benches on sidewalks,





wore white shorts while holding up brick walls with his near-bare feet whilst simultaneously and casually chatting on the phone,

































bent, stretched, flexed, uncaring of who saw,





and loved to shop,




has become the now-39 year old Father of Many and 4th Quarter Recluse that he is today?




There's no one else like Jacob and despite "Allegedly" becoming a more fitting middle name than Benjamin these days, this author thinks he can still rock the world.

For sure, there is a crew of Gyllenichols children whose world he rocks even more and they are the rewards he surrounds himself with as he disappears around this time of year.  


Happy Birthday, Mr. Jake!  *wink*



pic sources:  IHJ, Oh My Godot, gfycat
our playlist:  Bring Me Love - Marie Digby
                     This Christmas - Train
                     A New York Christmas - Rob Thomas                  
  

2 comments:

prairiegirl said...

I have NO idea what is up with some of the spacing in this post, but that's Blogger for ya! ;D

Got it in just under the bell!!! Happy Birthday, Mr. Jakers.

prairiegirl said...

Lol, that gif at the end cracks me up. Poor little kid!! I looked at quite a few, but that one hit me just right. #1, that initial angry pout at the beginning I think reminded me of Jake (LOL!!!) but also, because I’m sorry, but that is Jake and Austin’s world and HAS been their world since they started generating kids like chiggers on a hot July evening in Kansas.

When you have as many as they or Jared/Jensen do, someone is crying somewhere. It doesn’t take much either when you have so many in younger ages. Or teens. I go to a grocery store or Wal Mart or restaurant......some little kid is crying over something. There’s drama. Just the way it is.

I went to Bath & Body Works last night and the one by me is WIPED OUT. I mean, what’s left? The same scents in all forms - candles, lotion, body wash. So tons of “Fresh Balsam” or some Vanilla something or other. Not Vanilla Bean Noel, but vanilla something something. So store buyers need to pay attention and look at what they have too much left over of because no one wants it!!! And then they’ll have only five of Warm Apple Pie which you couldn’t find anywhere. Why? Because people liked it, so why don’t you order more of that one?

And I had a coupon for a free item up to $5.50 and can you even find anything for $5.50 or under at Bath & Body Works? Heck no! Not even one oil refill. I found a little sanitizer that I think did qualify, but the gal told me no, it needed to be like the travel size body care stuff. And I told her, none of it was under 5.50. They were 6.00. And she said “No, the lotions are under 5.50”

So I go over there and she said “On the other side” and I go over there and what was it, but there were like two or so of that Vanilla something whatever and I said “No, I don’t want that, thanks anyway tho”. And she said “Well, the coupon is good until Dec 24.”

Eyeroll. Yeah, but if they’re down to crumbs now, that’s not going to change from now until Dec 24. Grrrr. Lol, my own fault. I should’ve gone there earlier. She looked at me like I was a dumbass anyway, expecting to find a variety of items this late in the month.


Anyway, that’s the sob Christmas shopping story for today. ;D