Thursday, July 23, 2026

Feeling Thankful

 

 


 

 

 

 

  

 

Before too much time goes by, Methodical Muser and myself, PG, wanted to celebrate something that we sure didn't think would happen.   It took forever, I mean a long time, but no matter! 

Narnia Dispatches crossed 1 million views recently!


 







On May 15, 2016, we titled the first post, "Please Pardon The Mess":

 

 

From the very beginning, we had five couples right off the bat that we knew we would be posting about:  Jake and Austin, Jared and Jensen, Louis and Harry, Liam and Zayn, and Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews.

At that time, we had NO idea how many posts would follow, some of the trouble we would get into, and all that we would learn via hours and hours of research, internet combing and endless phone calls & emails. 

Ten years later, we've grown to include professional sports besides the acting and recording industries.  

We want to thank everyone who have visited these pages, whether you're a fan or "someone-to-be-named-later" lurking to see if we're talking about someone(s) or a team that is of er, particular interest.  

This blog doesn't earn any money.  We're just here to chatter, entertain and learn.

Thank you again!

 


LATE BREAKING:

Okay, important tip in life is to always remain humble.  Here Narnia thought 1m was something to feel good about, and M&M did a check on OMG (bc she's a co-admin so she had access in case you're wondering how we know this), and Narnia's got nothing on nobody.

Oh My Godot has 7 million views!   LOL!  We're mud.😳😂

Anyway, 

 

With grateful regards,

Prairie Girl (PG) - administrator

Methodical Muser - administrator

 

pic sources:  Prntbl, vector, tumblr

our playlist:  Like Flames - Berlin

                     If I'm Any Closer - Seal

                     It's Always Somethin' - Joe Diffie

                     #9 Dream - John Lennon

                     Walk in the Sun - Bruce Hornsby

 


6 comments:

  1. Sorry to interrupt M&M's outstanding series and I know it's disappointing, but I just didn't want to wait until who knows when, to say "Oh hey, we wanted to celebrate 1m views which we crossed 9 months ago". LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I comment on my own blog, I realize that I'm way behind on changing my PFP. I have Sweet Tart jelly beans as my PFP from Easter! lol. I need to fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. M&M and I branched off from Oh My Godot, which was the mother ship. Jake's Team's troll had spammed that blog's comment threads incessantly, but maybe more than that, Jake's career direction and shifting away from being publicly seen with Austin drove OMG's loyal followers to quiet. When things shifted in 2012 after Berlinale and OMG'ers were sharp, right? When they saw Jake "seen" with Lea Seydoux and saw that music video, we all saw the writing on the wall.
    And so anyway, M&M and I still wanted to create, but we also wanted to write about others, too. So that's why we created Narnia and I know that we never dreamed that we'd still be writing 10 years later or that we'd be "tackling" what we have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ten years ago and over a million views later, doesn't seem possible, PG. But, we're still having a lot fun, and learning new things, relentlessly. So, just as Harry asks Louis, "Should we just keep driving?" There's no other answer, but absolutely!!!

    Oh, and Happy Anniversary to the guys on One Direction's 16th anniversary. It has sometimes been a bumpy ride, but always worth the while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for all the comments but the opportunity presents itself.

    Maybe one of these days, Narnia will have a list of our Hall of Fame Trolls & Stalkers. I mean, clear up to my following Emergency!, it never ends and it's all because of the closet. From "Jack" and "Chris" on Oh My Godot, to "Kattie", "Handsy", "Ross" and "EdensSnake" with J2/Spn fandom, to apparently "NG 2.0", my personal social media or Narnia itself continue to encounter the ill-intended.

    There can be some satisfaction in seeing how Jake's blogs like WDW, Waiting for Toothy2 and Gyllenbabble all fell by the wayside. Particularly WFT2 who chastised OMG and some of us bloggers personally for sticking to our beliefs and yet where are they now? We were right all along. There were fellow bloggers who even attacked us for believing J & A were secretly raising kids, said it wasn't true, that we were nuts. No, they just didn't like the idea. And we told them I don't care if you think it's right or wrong, it is true. And it's their decision to do it. It's not ours.

    And so fans move on. That's okay; perfectly fine. Myself personally, I will always root for Jake & Austin, our original OTP. There's no doubt they're still together; they've shown us that. I don't have a doubt about Jared/Jensen. Louis/Harry. Liam/Zayn. Patrick/Jonny. Patrick/Travis.

    Things change. Always evolve. Some or maybe even many other fans will fall off. That's okay. Don't stress about say, maybe Louis "losing" fans. Fans come and go. Fans come back

    Hey, I love a 50 year old show and have had a glorious ride learning about and enjoying its two leads. I don't care if I'm the only one. If you have a favorite athlete/celeb, that's awesome. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry - just wanted to clarify a bit and then I'm done blathering.

    But when I say "losing" fans, I just meant that I sense sometimes that fans stress over any of the 1D guys losing some fans whenever something controversial happens and yes, we can try to point out a stunt and that it's usually not the fault of the celeb, but bottom line is we cannot change the way another fan feels. Sports fans are especially passionate about their favorites.

    But it's okay for a fan to step away for awhile. It's okay for a fan to get fed up or frustrated. The thing with the 1D guys is that things are always happening, always changing, always showing the real truths. So chances are, many of the fans who may take a break or even leave, can and will return. And that's a good thing. That's what's important anyway, right? Like the Prodigal Fan. lol

    Okay, sorry for all the chatter.

    ReplyDelete