Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving from Narnia Dispatches - 2018 Gratitudes




From Narnia Dispatches to all of our readers and visitors, we are thankful for your interest and the opportunity to be able to express our thoughts and observations in this small corner.  M&M and I are thankful to have found each other through Oh My Godot as well as many other bloggers along the way, all due to an interest (whether past or present) in Jake and Austin.  Today, this interest includes other couples and individuals as well, but it all began with Jake and Austin.

What are a few other things we're thankful for?  Well, let's rattle a few off, shall we?

*  We're thankful for Jared Padalecki singing the 50 States song.


* We're thankful for Jensen Ackles' goofy side.



* We're thankful for Louis' sass:















* And we are thankful for Harry finding ways to use his concert stage to express himself and to be kind to others:


* We are thankful for Liam's backbone and valor:


 

                                                who will ever forget his surprise appearance at the 2017 Brits

* We are thankful for Zayn's compassion: 


























 * We are thankful for Niall's continuing support:


and his frank tweets:


 


LOL.  Niall - you've just gotta love it.

* We are thankful for Jake's toe-dipping back into color:




















 


* We are thankful for Austin coming to Wilmington, NC this past year.



* We are thankful for a smile like the one which belongs to Patrick Mahomes II




May we all have joyful moments when we feel like Patrick,

via GIPHY



Thank you, fellas and to all of our OTP and OTP halves!!   Happy Thanksgiving.


pic sources:  goodfriends blog, Daily Fail, KSHB-TV, Omicron 
                    Delta Fraternity, weheartit, eventhestarsinthesky,
                    dgreetings, pinterest, hellomagazine
our playlist:  Thank You - Bonnie Raitt
                     Thank Him For Today - The Supremes
                     Thank You Very Much (reprise) from Scrooge -
                                   Albert Finney & cast


4 comments:

prairiegirl said...

Good mooooorning!! How is everyone today??

Back home in the asphalt and strip mall jungle that is JoCo, Kansas. I had a great time with the rest of my fam in Wichita, although it was brief. But we had an awesome meal and did some Thurs night and Black Friday shopping.

Came home and the apartment was TRASHED. It still is trashed. But taking care of it little by little. The weather is just so awesome and sometime I need to enroll in my 2019 benefits between today and tomorrow so I'm not waiting til THE very last minute. Kind of last minute, but I've had a lot to think about with that.

How do you like the new holiday background? Can you see with the snow? Let me know via DM or PM on Tumblr or Twitter if it's unreadable. If it is, I'll change to a plain solid color background.

This is a holiday mudroom!! We have several holiday pics to use, so will change periodically. :-)

Will try to be more active. It's just been very hectic these last several weeks between my work and petsitting, family and whatnot.

prairiegirl said...

And this is kind of funny. So this past summer, I got new wheels, right? It's a pretty good advancement after my little Ford Focus which I had had for a very long time. My Focus was very basic but it had an awesome stereo and it served me so well.

And my new car is one of those keyless starts. And I'm leaving the kitties' house last Friday, right after Alvin's insulin shot and I will not have much time because I needed to hurry and pack to go to the lake.

And I had all this stuff and go to start the car and it lit up for a minute but then lights out - nothing.

I kept trying and it was DEAD. And I wailed and bitched & moaned; had M&M on the phone with me at the time and was all stressed out. "I have to go, gotta call AAA and now we're going to be late, going to have to take my car to the shop, it's a brand new car, what in the hell, I'm not impressed at all with this new car, my little Focus always started, blah blah blah."

And lol. And so I called AAA and I'm on hold with the guy; they came on right away. I thought, Oh I'm going to need the address here, I don't know what it is. And so I went inside to the kitchen to grab a piece of mail and I turned to go back out the door to the garage and what did I see?

LOL.

There were my keys hanging on the key thing on the wall. And I told that kid, "you know what, I bet I'm not going to need you now. I'm such a nimrod."

And yup, car started right up. LOLLLLLLLL. Oh brother, I'm such an idiot. But isn't that something. The car would not start because the keys were not on me or in the car.

So that's one of my self-nimrod stories. I'll have another one later.

prairiegirl said...

I know it's been over a week, but we'll try to have a new post up tonight!

Still working on it.

:-)

prairiegirl said...

Rats! Not going to make it. :-( Should be ready tomorrow evening. And it will be a double post week because this particular post needed to be trimmed. ;-)

Chiefs won!!!! Woohoo. Barely. But a win is a win!