Saturday, October 12, 2019

Bullet Point Saturday Musings: Super 1D Fandom Tactics, "Male Tom" and a Comic Con Baptism





















Whaaaaaa?  But it's only 9 thirty 12:40???  It's too early for Narnia to be posting, what's up with that?  Wellll, but these are bullet point musings, meaning I'm trying to be, I mean they are quick and to the point.  Let's look at a few things that caught our eye this past week. 

• Does anyone watch Kelly Clarkson? In a promo for her You Tube channel, Kelly did a cover of One Direction's "What Makes You Beautiful" and it is fun.  Of course, she has tremendous vocals.  Give it a listen!



• Shoutout to the wonderful Larrie fandom, who can command a presence on social media, despite Harry and Louis not being seen together in public on the X Factor, December 14, 2015.  Now, that's staying strong and enduring.  Don't worry, the time will come.  The day will come.  These two men would not be sending the incredible number of signals & shout-outs to each other if they intended to remain underground.

And this is one of the many ways this fandom remains relevant and strong.  Narnia salutes:


https://28nachos.tumblr.com/post/188221502832/have-you-seen-whats-happening-on-twitter-right

Fellas, got anything to say to your longtime faithful?



Of course, when one of the five guys releases a new single, ain't nothing stopping that social media train of support from their fans. They will flood Twitter in a wonderful show of love and promotion, hash tagging and tweeting at radio stations, asking them to play the song.  It's truly an impressive demonstration, one that they have perfected by this time.  Artists cannot ask for a more supportive fandom; their own teams can't cover that kind of ground with word of mouth.  And it's been a busy several weeks because each member has released a new song.  This was a musical onslaught!

Louis Tomlinson - Kill My Mind, released Sep 5
Liam Payne - Stack It Up, released Sep 18 
Zayn Malik -  Trampoline remix w/Shaed released Sep 26
                       and Rumors w/ Sabrina Claudio, rel Oct 4
Niall Horan - Nice to Meet Ya, released Oct 4
Harry Styles - Lights Up, released Oct 11



• And just kind of a weird-funny.  Remember that episode of Seinfeld when George Costanza began dating a woman named "Janet"? Elaine noticed right away that George's new companion reminded her of Jerry.  Then, Kramer saw the same resemblance.  Cue "hilarity ensues".





Narnia posted this picture of hired beard, Jeanne Cadieu in our last post.  Did anyone else notice how in this picture, she looks like Tom Holland?  

























Or just we at Narnia??  I don't know, I doubt it...



• And how about that Adam Levine?  I know what I said about not posting about Shevine (Adam Levine/Blake Shelton) any further because they were a mess, but there are some strong, strong narratives going on right now with one of the halves and so this author just can't pass this one up.  First of all, let's take a look at Adam Levine's new do.


Here he was allegedly on Sep 24 in Los Angeles, according to Just Jared.  And looks like a pap just happened to be swinging through the neighborhood.




Closer shot:



Here's a reminder of how Adam used to look, 2013's Sexiest Man of the Year by People.com.  (Prepare for feelings of loss and sadness):

















 


(Isn't it interesting that both Levine and Blake have been chosen for this title of Sexiest Man Alive? What are the odds?)  The drastic new cornrow hairstyle was met with some gasps, for sure. In a New York Post article entitled "Adam Levine's New Cornrow Mohawk Sparks Outrage on Twitter", excerpts of tweets and reactions to the new 'do' are mostly uncomplimentary.  Speculations widely varied ranging from a cry of desperation to "cultural appropriation" to "mid-life crisis".  Someone else wondered if everything was "okay at home".  Hmmmm....

Coming on the heels of Adam's decision to leave the show The Voice, one which he had been a part of since its inception sixteen seasons (eight years),  things were looking a bit precarious.  But now, after his recent appearance on Ellen Degeneres' television show, Levine seems to be telling everyone to calm down.  His big reveal?  

"I really do miss it," he told DeGeneres. "I love the people that I met and worked with, and you all obviously know how i feel about [fellow coach] Blake [Shelton]. … I do miss it but I don't miss how much I had to work. I was constantly working for so many years — very lucky, very fortunate, very bless and all that — but  to just be able to stop in this moment to spent time with my new young family and just have the greatest time ever. Now I'm a stay-at-home dad. I just stay at home and do very little." - Billboard, Oct 7 2019

What was that?  A stay-at-home dad?  He wants to quit working so he can stay home with his two daughters.  Who did he miss? Blake.  Blake Shelton, who will remain working.  And Levine, who wants to take a break.  Maroon 5 will perform three concerts before the end of the year, one in Hollywood, FL on Oct 25 and two at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas on Dec 30/31.  Earlier in the year, they had toured Australia, Asia and parts of Europe, so perhaps 2020 may be a quiet one?  Remains to be seen.

Nonetheless, "taking time off".  "Disappearing for lengths of time".  "Spending more time with family".   Have several of our OTP halves been watching too much Jake&AustinTV ?  LOL!

• Speaking of an OTP watching too much Jake&AustinTV, we've been watching one of the more fascinating, ongoing OTP storylines with Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki.  One recent spike in the drink took place this past week with the confirmation that Jared will be starring in a CW reboot of Walker, Texas Ranger.  Despite multiple, past messages of intentions to "disappear" and "take a break", Jared has done the exact opposite by already committing to another television series.  

Well played, Mr. Padalecki.  Certainly intriguing, isn't it?  Narnia is definitely keeping an eye on those two.  With a family situation much like Jake and Austin's, the look-over-there's and not-over-here's will no doubt continue as Supernatural aims towards the finish line. 



• And finally, get ready because by now the Jakers has begun his busy day's schedule, the baptism day of an official United States fan convention, at Ace Comic Con in Rosemont, IL.  No doubt, Jake will have a terrific time meeting so many fans and also at the evening's panel with Tom Holland, an event no doubt tailor made for his naturally exuberant and ready-to-entertain nature. 


Chances are high "Gyllenholland" will be on full display, especially since there were never any revelations that Mr. Holland made the time and effort to see "best bud" Jake in his Broadway play, Sea Wall/A Life ??  And also importantly, the social media team will need a replenishment of content (aka gif material) to stuff Jake's timelines, when art show opportunities are unavailable.  *wink*  But, we'll see because you know how these guys & Team Mara operate - super shady.   Here's Jake's schedule today:



And tomorrow, Oct 13:



Hmmm...do you reckon Jake is going to don the Mysterio costume for several of those photo ops?  That would be pretty cool.







You never know what these photo ops will bring on.  Surely anything but stunting, right?  Because what PR team would do that???  Pfft!  Already from today, some lucky fans!!




And one can see that Holland had to buzz-cut his hair for his currently filming role in a movie called Cherry.  This idea was kind of cute:




Short and sweet because we all have a weekend to get to.  Enjoy your Saturday!  

 

our photo credits:  rebloggy, KASW Phoenix CW,  IHJ, Just Jared,
                              You Tube, People.com
our playlist: Autumn in New York - Frank Sinatra
                    Falling for the First Time - Barenaked Ladies



6 comments:

prairiegirl said...

ha ha ha, have you seen so many strike-throughs than in the first paragraph? Today's been kind of disjointed. I'm leaving very soon for the airport, so time's not to waste.

Sorry it's a rather brief post.

prairiegirl said...

I was trying to work on the post I've been working on since earlier in the week, but it was impossible with the Chiefs game going on. And then our QB1 got hurt and well, I'm just writing this evening off.

Little Ruby and Daisy are doing the In-and-Outside thing tonight. I guess they're trying to capture all of the last of the decent temperatures of the fall. Ruby is a little, tiny Yorkie and Daisy is a Westie. They are very good girls and new watches of mine. :-)

Anyway, I apologize for not getting a post up yet. It's in progress.

prairiegirl said...

Good morning!!! Well, it's not going to be morning for too much longer. There will be a post today, come hell or high water. It'll just be later as I'm still working on it.

I'm enjoying the last of the pumpkin pancake season. I don't think IHOP ever had them, but Denny's did. So it's one at-bat, one shot at them. It was worth it! And I made a stop at a local Hy Vee. It's not my usual Hy Vee, but a fancy schmancy one and some of their prices are jacked up even more than they are at my local Hy Vee. There was a crying kid there that his dad was trying to settle down and it made me grin. Who knows what it was about. It's always over something like the kid wants something they can't have or a sibling did something to them.

Every time I see this, I think of Austin & Jake dealing with one of their crying kids. LOL!! Out in public. LOL!!!

What I would not give.

I'd pay to see that. I don't know why the thought kills me, but it does. ;D

prairiegirl said...

I doubt Jake would be out with one of his kids now in the States, but you know what, who really knows. He used to, right? We have the old tweets where he was at the Getty Center "with his kid" and he was at the Club Lounge having brunch with one of their girls. In Montreal, there he was with the nanny at the movie theater with a BT. And Austin was at a Ralph's Grocers with one of their boys. So...

prairiegirl said...

And what I mean by "out with", is like at a grocery store or restaurant. Obviously, they have been at Clark Lake, I believe. Austin, TX. Los Angeles. Do neighbors just not say anything? Of course, family and close friends don't say anything. Do the tweets get filtered out, caught by staff and intercepted at the pass?

Lots of theories on how they are doing this. I try not to think too hard on it. Time to move on! Get this post finished before it's Christmas. lol

prairiegirl said...

Okay, well despite hell and high water...lol. Guess I can't quite make it. Aiming for tomorrow.

I'm back home now; I hated leaving little Ruby-kins and Daisy "Mae". That's what I like to call them. Sometimes Ruby is Ruby Dee. Next to Curly, they're the best little dogs I've ever watched.

And so late this afternoon, I chewed on a fly!!!! It still gives me the heebie jeebies. Ruby likes to go outside a lot and so I guess with all of the opening of the back door, a fly got inside. And it kept flying around, flying around. I forgot all about it and later on, I went to take a drink of my McDonald's sweet tea and took in something.

I couldn't understand what could've been in my drink ...when I decided to take it out and saw that it was dark, I KNEW!! I knew it was that darn fly and it had probably hunted around the top of my straw and crawled down inside. AAAAAHHH!

I can still remember what it was like!

And so that's today's horror story.