Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Commissioned or Just a Photographer's Interpreting Filter?


This is an example of art.

                                             Woman in Blue Reading a Letter - by Vermeer


This is an example of photography.


                                                    Jessica Chastain by Annie Leibovitz


And then you have a photographer's view of Jake:


 

But I'm sorry, I can't get these out of my head:




















Add caption







I can put on a hat, or put on a coat,
Or wear a pair of glasses or sail in a boat.
I can change all my names
And find a place to hide.
I can do almost anything, but
I'm still myself inside.

I can go far away, or dream anything,
Or wear a scary costume or act like a king.
I can change all my names
And find a place to hide.
I can do almost anything, but
I'm still myself,
I'm still myself,
I'm still myself inside.
I'm Still Myself Inside - Fred M. Rogers


pic sources:  IHJ,  The Guardian, poesianinrete wordpress, pbskids,
                    Instagram, Deadline
our playlist:  Shining Light - Annie Lennox
                     Human - Christina Perri
                     Back Where I Come From - Kenny Chesney (live)



4 comments:

prairiegirl said...

You know, there's being creative and there's trying to be artistic and there's trying to shed a different "light" on someone.

And then there's just a crappy photo.

destiny said...

The photo does not show how handsome Jake is, unlike other photos. He also looks older, and more like a character actor than a star. But I do find it interesting to look at, and can understand why the photographer likes it.

prairiegirl said...

The photo does not show how handsome Jake is, unlike other photos. He also looks older, and more like a character actor than a star.

Agree, Destiny. And yeah, if the photographer really was just experimenting and trying for some kind of Ansel Adams effect or grizzled farmer, I could see the purpose of the different angle. The thing is with Jake now? You can't hardly believe anything about him that is in the printed media. It seems like practically every interview, every television appearance, every photo op, every prestigious public appearance has an agenda to push, a stunt to carry out, big or small.

He can't even walk a red carpet anymore without carrying out a stunt so that it becomes a meme or robot tweet in his social media feed. And the way you know that it's a stunt, that the moment is scripted is when the "moment" becomes a robot in his feed. It's that obvious. All I have to do with Jake is watch his twitter feed, see what occurrence becomes a robot and see which twitter accounts embellish and feed it, and I know.

It's really become a rinse and repeat at this stage.

My Royals really blew a game last night; I was so sad, lol. When you lead the entire game and go into the 9th with your closer, ahead by 2 runs, but go on to lose that lead in the top of the 9th and then go on to lose the game, aaaargh. They're really giving a rollercoaster ride thus far this season.

And all kinds of mixed goings on with the 1D guys right now. Boy, they're all active and releasing music, videos, tweeting and Instagram'ing and Story'ing and you name it, they're doing it. I don't know though, I just refuse to get on Instagram. That's all I need at this point; I'm on so many other things, one more would just be a nail in the coffin of spreading oneself too thin.

But I'm very, very proud of all of the boys - they're learning about themselves during this hiatus and gaining even more confidence in their own abilities and it's about self-discovery. Very healthy and good for them.

Can't wait for a reunion, though.

prairiegirl said...

That Jake, Austin and their team think after our 30 Days series and what we know after all these years, that a mere separation during the opening of Cannes is enough to send us crying to our rooms is eyeroll worthy beyond words.

But please, keep up the show, fellas. It's obviously very important to you.

#smirk