Monday, May 22, 2017

Lighting a Candle Tonight


Most of us have attended at least one concert in our lives - at an arena, outdoor stadium or theater, a park.  Many of us have followed singing groups or individual singers like One Direction, Bruno Mars , Garth Brooks, Rascal Flatts.  So the tragedy that happened today at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England touches in a way which makes us realize this could have and can happen to any of us, today in this 'new' world.

Our thoughts go out to the victims and families still at this hour looking for the children they've been separated from.  Admiration for all of the civilian helpers who are offering any way to assist.  Thankfulness to all of the first responders.

Peace,
PG



pic source:  beliefnet
our playlist:  I Need You - Jars of Clay
                     Face of Love - Sanctus Real
                     My Deliverer - Chris Tomlin
                     I'm Not Alright - Sanctus Real

2 comments:

destiny said...

A beautiful post. It's especially sad and awful that so many young people were involved.

prairiegirl said...

Thanks, Destiny. What a horrendous tragedy and as I looked at pictures and tweets of missing children and young people, it was just worsened. I saw screenshots of cell phones and I just thought of my niece and nephew. I also thought of so many of the 1D fans that I see on Tumblr and Twitter. Not that they're all so young, but many are and they go to their concerts.

Such young lives and enthusiasm for life. It is a huge loss and even the survivors have been affected for the rest of their lives.