Monday, October 16, 2017

There's No Stopping This Train Called Time



                                                       “The years just pass like trains
                            I wave but they don't slow down” - Steve Wilson


via GIPHY 

Zayn Malik






Blake Shelton



































Austin Nichols





Kris Allen

















Liam Payne






Adam Lambert






Louis Tomlinson










Jake Gyllenhaal



 Dylan O'Brien






















Adam Levine







 Harry Styles





Jared Padalecki


Jensen Ackles





And last but certainly not least, probably the one man who has really grown before our eyes over the years, Mr. Niall Horan






That was fun and got PG a bit sniffly. Not only that, but just about blew up Narnia's Blogger Memory. LOL!  Remind me not to try this again. ;-)  Time to pick up our carpet bag and leave the depot, though. We can't stop this train, but who wants to anyway because as the great Charles Kuralt once said, we can't help wondering what's around the bend.

pic sources: too many to list. If anyone has a beef, give us a call.
our playlist:  If I Could Turn Back Time - Cher
                     Time Has Come Today - The Ramones
                     This Is The Time - Billy Joel

5 comments:

prairiegirl said...

Whew, that wore me out. I had such a time with the alignment and then I forgot Jared & Jensen (I ALWAYS forget somebody, it never fails. It doesn't mean anything, I think I've almost forgotten everyone at some point), so I was trying to squeeze them in and then the whole post got jacked up, so I had to re do the whole thing.

UGH. And then it got tougher & tougher, think I just about blew up blogger. LOLLLL! Now I know what its max of pictures is.

Aren't they just GORGEOUS, though? Look at little Zayn there at the beginning. He is just too PERFECT!!!!!!

I love all these pics. Sometimes I hate to see them all grow, but you know, can't keep them so young forever.

And Cher!!!! I hadn't heard this song in forever. Forgot how much I liked it.

prairiegirl said...

ha ha ha, some people might screw up their faces and ask why in the heck did you use that picture of Niall when there are so many other Huck Finn-ish pics of him? lol. I don't know, I thought that picture was so perfect as he and that Olly guy were comparing chest hairs and little Niall had hardly anything.

But now look at that young man. Niall has grown into such a fine adult and he just has matured so. He's so gracious and look at him now.

But I thought that pic was kind of funny & cute, that's why I chose that one.

Methodical Muser said...


Oh I bet putting together this compilation was fun. What a hardship. LOL!

All of 1D have really grown into such attractive young men, haven’t they? Five out of five rarely happens, but their collective DNA must be extraordinary. They have good hearts too. Truly humble and appreciative of their fans throughout the years. Yeah, I’m talking to you, Jake. Given the longstanding strong-arm management tactics, imposed by MODEST! and Sony/Syco, along with hideous homophobic underpinnings, I truly admire those guys' class and ability to forge ahead, with no excuses or complaints. Beautiful inside and out. And, Jensen sure has filled out nicely from that baby-faced kid of yore.

Overall, I would say Dylan O’Brien probably looks the most like he did when he was younger. The guy really must be doing something right.

destiny said...

It is surprising that the 1D boys are all still attractive. So often with boy bands they lose their looks when they get older.

I applaud all your hard work on these recent posts.

prairiegirl said...

Thank you, Destiny! It was hard deciding on some the pictures to use and there are always interesting observations that I make along the way. Like with Kris Allen, trying to find current, professional pictures of him is near to impossible.

He has a lot of concert photos out there, but no more photo shoots, no more public professional appearances, at least those that are promoted around. He did appear at Disney World with Melinda Dolittle and Jordan Sparks that had a few photos, but other than that, you have to follow his twitter search and catch concert photos made by civilians. So I just don't know what's going on with that.

And that's fine if that's how he wants it. The whole thing speaks loudly to me that he doesn't want a highly public life and so then I have to be curious. I firmly believe it's because he's deep in the closet. He's rarely home, he tours all the time, and it's also in the kinds of photos that he puts up on his Instagram. I have a couple of other observations, but maybe for another time.

It's just an observation I made as I searched for a 2017 photo of him. I had to put up a tweet in order to post one that was not an album promo pic.