Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Flexing, Bending and Stretching


via GIPHY 

As Jake is being "wildly rumored" to be taking the role of Mysterio in the next Spiderman movie, there's no doubt that he and his people are using social media to nurse the rumor, by portraying him as being a man in training.

This is allegedly a recent photo of Jake bulked up and lumbering across the crosswalks of New York City late last month:



"daddy cakes"  *smirk*

And the obligatory gym picture where Jake is superimposed, I mean inserted - I mean pyramiding over the shoulders of his fellow advertising work out buds:


But it's a couple of other roles which Jake has recently been announced for which are a bit more interesting than playing a reptile-ish enemy of Spiderman.  Roles (whether he does them or not) which would be a bit more......fluid.


 

That one kind of caught our eye, right?  Now, there's this disclosure about his character in the upcoming Untitled Dan Gilroy Project™:


 

Well, now.


pic sources:  giphy, nationalreadingmovement, IHJ
our playlist:  Bend Me, Shape Me - American Breed
                     Turning Pages - Sleeping at Last

7 comments:

prairiegirl said...

I like that last photo of Jake which is in the tweet, even though I'm not a fan of the Ozzie Nelson sweepback. ;D

It's one of my favorites from the last several years.

prairiegirl said...

Still trying to finish up a post which has been taking me foreverrrrr. I keep getting a bit distracted and/or feeling a bit summer-ish, ha ha. Please forgive.

Anyway, enjoy some American Breed. I love that song, also the second one, too, which I think is from one of the Twilight movies.

prairiegirl said...

Did anyone see any of the clips from Shawn Mendes on Corden's Car Karaoke? It was awesome. I just saw a couple of clips, but they were really funny. I think Shawn has a real flair for comedy.

prairiegirl said...

I'm just going to say that Jake's people are not maintaining their own narratives. If they want us to believe that is Jake "Johnny Cash" Gyllenhaal all super bulked up, then some of the recent social media pics of him being planted are not matching up with his biceps and neck.

Pay attention to your own narratives, PR. Of course, his stans don't question anything, so what does it matter except to a few of us who are about the truth.

destiny said...

Some of these new projects sound more interesting than his last few films. I'm especially looking forward to the Bernstein movie. Interesting that after all these years he's decided to touch the third rail. ;-)

It'll be interesting to see the interviews too when those movies come out. Lee Pace just recently came out after being asked point blank in an interview he did to promote Angels in America, in which he plays a gay character.

Not a fan of bulked up Jake, just not a look I like in anyone.

prairiegirl said...

Hey Destiny! Good to see you. Yes, I think the Leonard Bernstein story sounds very interesting. I don't know how he can do it w/o being able to use his music, though.

prairiegirl said...

I'm telling you, I have turned off my twitter this morning. Nothing but negativity and people being so mean to each other. I'm not talking simple disagreement and such, I'm talking foul language and mean-spirited wishes upon others, like physical harm, death, and very awful things. This is very toxic if you keep looking at it. Gotta turn it off.

Well, sorry for the absence, but I have good reason!! I have been busy with important, pivotal events at work and then the recent purchase of a new vehicle. I have signed my life away and I am now officially - poor.

LOLLLL. I am poor and will be poor for the next several years. Scooters will not be seeing me near as much anymore - just on Sunday mornings. I think I will still treat myself to a five buck latte once a week. Goodbye to frivolous spending!!

I am quite excited about the new wheels, although it was hard to say goodbye to my old car. It was a great one for me and I'd had it since 2004. She served me very well. It was just time and interest rates are going up, that's for sure.

So, back to business. I should have plenty of time to write and blog because I will not be going anywhere, ever, anymore. LOL!!