Thursday, June 21, 2018

Happy 33rd Birthday, Mr. Kristopher Allen


via GIPHY


Indeed it is, Mr. Kris.  And we here at Narnia would like to join your fans in wishing you a very Happy Birthday today.  
 Related image



"I wasn’t like the smartest or most athletic kid, but I knew I could play music and orchestra was my outlet. I had amazing instructors who believed in me and tried to cultivate it in me so that was a part of who I was. I played baseball and other things, but I was Kris who plays viola. So grateful that was there and still is there.” - Kris Allen in "The State of Music" on AY Mag



With his children Oliver and Rosie,




The words from someone who has experienced a low, but knows it won't last forever:
In time I'll run
And in time I'll heal
And in time these wounds will show me what's real - In Time
lyrics by Kris Allen 


Someone who has an ornery streak, loves to laugh and knows how to feel the music,
 


You know it's true
I wanted to - My Weakness lyrics by Kris Allen






From the Christmas tour with Jim Brickman, in Kansas City at the Kauffman Center:


(Believe it or not, I was practically close enough to press that little box button for him!  You couldn't tell from this space shuttle shot, though) 



Someone who seems pretty in tune with himself and likes himself because he accepts his brokenness. And that is not as easy as it sounds.

"I'm not a terrible person, I know that, but sometimes in a relationship, I can be crappy." - Kris Allen


Most of all, someone who simply loves music, writing, playing, sharing.  He knows what he loves and while he says "he isn't a man of many words", he lets his feelings fly through the strings of his guitar and words from a pen.

Happy Birthday, Kris!!  Hope your day was warm and joyous.









BRAVISSIMO!!!

pic sources:  pinterest, benfield photography, youtube, krisallengifs,
                     songkick, Buffyx,  mjsbigblog
our playlist:  My Weakness - Kris Allen
                     Falling Slowly - Kris Allen
                     Parachute - Kris Allen

                     

2 comments:

prairiegirl said...

Your thirties are your best years, Kris. Enjoy 'em and thank you for your music.

I discovered yet another wonderful song of his tonight "My Weakness". LOVE IT!!! #Download

:-)

prairiegirl said...

Isn't he beautiful? One of the most beautiful men I've ever seen.

Some of his lyrics are just amazing. "Lost" is one of my all time favorite songs - I didn't put it on the player tonight because it's kind of a distraught song - but it definitely will headline the player one of these days soon. It is an incredibly beautiful song.

Parachute is awesome as well and who doesn't love his cover of Falling Slowly.