Sunday, July 14, 2019

The Quietest Clapback




Way back in the day, Jake and Austin have given several shout outs to each other.  There was the bling,






The bird shout outs from Jake,




That "Stick It" Chicago Bulls ballcap, "Hey!" from Jake...



[By the way, do you know what date the above Chicago Bulls cap outing was dated on IHJ?   11.11.15.  That would be the birthday of the Baby Tile we at Narnia believe was born on 11.11.11.  :-) ]

Here's one that we missed and thanks to a poster on Tumblr who was posting antique beard nonsense, this little nicety was noticed.  The sharing of a Sturgis cap by these two men. (Sturgis is a city in South Dakota where the biggest motorcycle rally is held annually.)






and then Austin's turn,




Even though that particular set of Laker photos did not reflect a happy situation, it was still nice seeing the sharing and the shout out to each other.

The last several years we have seen few to scarce acknowledgements of each other publicly, although The Day After Tomorrow shoutout in January 2018 was certainly a special kind of high-flying. 

But there's something to be said for being wildly surprised.  This wasn't a pleasant little shout out.  It was a summons.


Austin posted his Instagram on Thursday, July 11.  Forget the dialogue.  Look at who he tagged.



***NEWS ALERT 07 18 19***


Since this posted on Sunday, July 14, someone with access to Austin's account changed his caption.  This is how it looks now with Tom Holland's tag removed, replaced with a quite benign, G-rated, Mr. Rogers Neighborhood "Won't you be my friend?" caption:



We're not quite positive when Austin's Instagram post was changed.   But it looks like someone wasn't happy with Austin asserting himself.  We'll take another look at this in our next post.  In the meantime...

Narnia out.  And remember,




 







(maybe we should change this to:  "You DID see something.", huh?)



I'm here to love you
Lay my heart on the line for you
Live and die for you

Sure as the sunrise, baby
You can bet that I'll be around
No way I'll go, I'll stay so close
I'll be there

I made a commitment of the heart
To keep this love together
I, I'll do whatever it takes
To make this love work out
I, I'm in this forever
I promise from the start, my baby

Commitment of the heart

I'll be right there beside you
Share the good and the bad times too
Pledge my soul only to you


Commitment of the Heart - Clive Griffin (Diane Warren composer)


pic sources:  giphy, gfycat, IHJ, OhMyGodot
our playlist:  Commitment of the Heart - Clive Griffin
                     Fight Fire With Fire - Kansas
                     Hey You - Bachman Turner Overdrive
                    

5 comments:

prairiegirl said...

This is what I get for not checking Austin's Instagram but every month or so. LOL!

Hot damn. There's still some blood flowing in those ice cold, indifferent veins of Mr. Austy.

I could not have been more proud. Look now because this won't come around again for awhile.

prairiegirl said...

So proud of Austin. I could not believe it. And looking at the picture again, it just blows my mind.

And what a cute picture!! Austin was an adorable kid. Jakers, don't do your guy like that in public. It's a horrible example to set for your kids. And yes, they will find out.

prairiegirl said...

Yes, movie promo has to be done. And yes, have fun with it and goof around and all of that. Unfortunately there are contracts and bullet points to check off.

But some of that was out of line and Holland stepped over that line. Jared and Jensen have also taken this same route towards each other. It's terrible to see.

It doesn't change anything to how many fans see the truth. These guys and the movie studios and PR teams think it does from their bubble view. What it does is lose them loyal, paying customers.

Will it change tho? No, course not.

It is hotter than blazes here! This is what I don’t like about Kansas in the summer. Heat and humidity. Very thankful for the air conditioning.

prairiegirl said...

You know, Intern, you could just go to I.hJ and download all those pictures. You know that, don’t you? Idiot.

.

prairiegirl said...

Look what WME Endeavor did! They changed Austin’s post. Did they think we wouldn’t ever see that?

Well no worries. We’ve got the original. What a bunch of clowns WME Endeavor are.

I will stand up forever for Austin on this.