Saturday, July 24, 2021

Shevine Saturday: Two Shooting Stars On A Collision Course

 

Good afternoon and welcome to another edition of Shevine Saturday.  Not sure where or for how long this will take us, but let's just have some fun.  

Today's feature video from You Tube is called Adam & Blake (Shevine) :  Meteor Shower  (creator:  Kate Jones)

The song "Meteor Shower" was already a unique, lovely song to use,  but the video artist only goes on to enhance the music by capturing many of the smiles, laughs, and looks, interspersing them in between interview clips.  The beginning of the video features a time when Blake tells one of his concert audiences how he reacted when he first saw Adam Levine, which occurred at the first meeting of the coaches and show runners of The Voice

 


 

• This particular video has over a million views.

•  The moment that made me take notice of Adam and Blake occurs at 01:45.  Blake was being interviewed by E! and Adam swings by to interrupt.  In the moment that Adam grasps his arm and they're too busy laughing between themselves, I saw Adam in a way that I hadn't before and also thought they were kind of cute.  If anyone knows me from the Oh My Godot blog, they may have surmised that I was never a fan of Adam's, but this one moment in an interview struck a chord and I need to say that I had a wrong and presumptuous impression.

• It's also interesting in the several times Adam tells him to "shut up" or "don't touch me", notice the small smiles he gives afterwards, which is an insightful trait.

• "Blake and I - country and city colliding" - Adam Levine on him and Blake Shelton's friendship.  I like that this unique draw between two people's backgrounds on The Voice started with these two men.


It seems that Shevine fan music videos always included the "customary" or shtick "hugs", but for all of that narrative from the show, as the seasons progressed, it did seem that many of those same hugs went above and beyond the call of duty, if you know what I mean.  LOL! 😉

 

The Voice coaches singing Honey Bee 2018

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

lol at Blake swatting at Adam


 

😂 at Blake critiquing Adam's driving

 

 












by 2012 (after one year on air)


Blake speaking at Adam's Star Walk of Fame ceremony, 2017




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Let's end with a funny.  Adam, Blake and Christina Aguilera were guests on Ellen's show.  They played a charade-type game which was called Guesstures.  This video was early in the show's timeline, 2012, and it's pretty entertaining.

 


 

They're silly fun, aren't they?  And Christina is a good sport.  Both Blake and Adam are very willing to play the games on these shows and there are plenty to see on You Tube.

Happy Saturday and hope you enjoy this second edition of Shevine Saturday.   Many thanks to Kate Jones for creating the Meteor Shower video.

 

pic sources:  sweetshevine, tumblr, Gephardt, People Magazine

our playlist:  Meteor Shower - Owl City

                     God Gave Me You - Blake Shelton

                     No One Else Like You - Adam Levine

 

2 comments:

prairiegirl said...

I'll be the first to say I look back at some of my comments on OMG and damn, if I wasn't one of the most annoying people. LOL! And I gave Adam quite a hard time, particularly stemming from the infamous interview he did where he talked about Jake. And I gave him a bad nickname and I just kind of wrote him off.

But after watching so many videos now, not that I know a ton more because we still don't know any celebrities, right? Just like each one of us, there's way too much we don't see about each other just from social media. Way too much. But I have seen many insightful glimpses and observed moments with him to see that (to me) he seems rather complex. But he also seems very sweet, frank speaking (and I always love a frank speaking person) and sometimes vulnerable.

And I think that at that time in 2010, maybe he was approached to help his friend out and thinking he was helping. Or, who knows. Could be he just was willing to lie for his friend. Because he was lying big time in that interview.

But that was how long ago, 11 years ago. Wow, lol. So long ago. Seems like yesterday.

prairiegirl said...

And I remember back in whatever year that was that Blake made the Brokeback jab at Jake at the CMA's, which is a high profile event, right? And that was awful and it was a homophobic thing to do, from both him and Reba McEntire.

And deservedly so, Blake took flak for that by LGBTQAI+ websites, as he should have. But knowing now what we know and how agents and publicists use the homophobic slant with their clients in order to make them look straight, I look at that from a different angle now. They were reading that from a script.

I also look back at the date of that stupid joke, which again, occurred at a high profile award show and do you know what the date was? The CMA's that year were on April 3, 2011.

Well, guess when The Voice Season One started? Season One, Blind Auditions aired on April 26, just several weeks later. Well, well, well.

I also watch the clip and it is so obvious that Blake and Reba were reading from a script.

And again, we know that publicists and agencies have used The Duck family to make Liam Payne, Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles look straight by trying to make them look homophobic. And Jake's people could not have distanced him from Brokeback Mountain any further than from the time that Heath had died. For years, Jake didn't talk about Brokeback, had nothing to do with it. In fact, many fans know that just four days after Heath died, Jake's people had him go on a pap outing with Reese Witherspoon and her kids + dogs, to a park. They did not have him issue any kind of statement, but he went on that pap outing to a park, to make him look like he could've cared less.

These teams are brutal and yes, that homophobic. And so now I look back at that Brokeback "joke" by Blake and Reba, and I'm not excusing it at all, but I can see the motive of a "joke" like that, which is frequently done to be deflecting, to make someone look straight by being homophobic.

And so part of Shevine Saturday is to go beneath all of that baggage and I just wanted to share the fun and the appeal that I found with both of these guys.