Sunday, April 24, 2022

Happy Birthday to the Head of the Crew: Austin Nichols is Dashing as Ever at 42

 


Well, well, well, look who's observing number 42 today!  The human fish out of water, aka Austin Don Nichols, and now a patriarch himself.

[By the by, according to Tay Swift, Jake is supposed to be the one talked about in "All Too Well" with the lyrics "And you were tossing me the car keys, 'F*ck the patriarchy' keychain on the ground" - well, looks like he has been since 2002.  LOL!  So her and her fans can suck on that one.]

We're here to salute Mr. Austin, who gets to pull rank on his guy Jake for about eight months, when he'll turn 42 on December 19.  And the most enjoyable way to do that for us as readers, would be to look back at some of our favorite scrapbook photos, what do you think?  Along with a sprinkling of well wishes!












Austin and his mother












 


















Happy Birthday, Austin!




























And at some point after One Tree Hill, Austin began to look like the kingpin, the Head Honcho, the Skipper, the Patriarch.  We don't know what in the heck happened, lol.  All we know is, those henleys began to stretch a bit more and the jawline just a bit sterner.







 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Now, there's no need to be that cocky about it, Austy.  ๐Ÿ˜‰  We are well aware!

 


 

 

After all, you sir, are a taco slut!  ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐ŸŒฎ     Taco stands, late at night?


"I really like Mexican food, which is tough because I grew up in Texas and I’m used to a different kind of Mexican food than they have in California. I like Italian, I love sushi and I love Indian food. I like going to taco stands late at night. If I can, I’ll flag down a taco truck, because they make the best stuff. " -  Ocean Drive, May 2007

 

And that special taquito ๐ŸŒฎ in your life either loves tacos as well, or loves to make a taco run!  Whether the sightings be at locations in California,

 


 




  









Or Southgate, Michigan,








Even fish tacos!

 






 

look at Austy in the kitchen cookin' it up!


 

Nothing like Austin in glasses!


 

and at the piano,

 


 

 

doing good for St. Jude's Children's Hospital Aug '21

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

boy, he knows how to take up a couch, doesn't he?



2015



playing Clint West in Walker Texas Ranger




























in Masquerade - what a grin!
















 

 

 

His "scamp!" pose.  Look at this guy - Jake must love feeding his guy!


2019



from This Close



with Keyes, b4 friends had to go underground
























 

Aaah yes, he likes his motor toys.  And he knows how to pose with them!  Maybe he'll get a new toy for his birthday.


 


 

 

Does anyone else get the feeling Austin doesn't like to share a couch?  LOL!  I bet he's like my brother and the Gyllynichols kids have to find a spot on the floor.  ๐Ÿ˜‚



 

 

Well, we could go on for days and weeks posting great photos and moments from Austin's scrapbook, but there comes a time when we do need to circle back around and remember that this post is to celebrate and honor his birthday.   LOL!  (It's not supposed to be about our benefit! ๐Ÿ˜Š)

 

 



 

I mean, Liam wore a suit to his birthday party and Austin wore his.  Birthday suit.   In his latest guest stint on Minx, which airs on HBO Max.   Have you seen those photos, hmmmm??  But because we don't want to throw out this post with a Mature! Warning, we're going to have to abstain from posting those photos.  

 


 

I know, I know, lol.  It stinks, I tell ya!!

Another time, another time.  

 

So, let's all bid the Birthday Boy happy wishes and many more returns.

You know who we're talking about. ๐Ÿ˜‰

 


  

 

He is indeed Jake's Old Man!  [I'm beginning to think too, looking at the name on that account @deadhoe - might that have been an old burner account of Jake's? ๐Ÿ˜‚] 

 

And hey, he can look at it this way,

 


 

 

 Happy Birthday, Austin!

 

 


 

pic sources:  gfycat, greasespot cafe, tenor, birthdaymessages.net, whereverilook, imgflip,

                     Walkerpedia, lookhuman,  Maxim, tvfanatic, pinterest, postermywall,

                      business journals 

our playlist:   Malibu - Kim Petras

                      The Beginning - Nikos Ignatiadis

                      A Thousand Years - The Piano Guys

                      Tall Tall Trees - Alan Jackson

                      Edge of the Ocean - Ivy

                      Drops in the Ocean - Hawk Nelson 


 

3 comments:

prairiegirl said...

Happiest Birthday wishes to Austin!

Jared Padalecki plays piano too. These two guys could be The Piano Guys II! Jared may as well since he's been put in isolation this weekend. *eyeroll*

I'm sure Jared and Austin have had plenty of interesting conversations.

You know, one thing I don't remember noticing is Austin ever talking about or showing many sweets at his dining table. It's usually bowls of this, plates of that food-food. Maybe he's one of those who doesn't have a sweet tooth, not sure.

Gorgeous day today in OP. Yesterday, we hit near 80 and this morning, it's a really cool 60 degrees even. This weather / Spring has been nuts.


prairiegirl said...

I forgot to mention that I do apologize for the kind of messed up grey background, I don't know what's going on there. It can be a bit distracting, but if I try to change it right now, it's likely going to mess up some of the other color formats and I wanted to get the post up, so will see if I can do better on that background later.

I'm not the most technically savvy person, but know enough to be dangerous to myself, I mean to get by. LOL

Methodical Muser said...


¡Feliz cumpleaรฑos! Big guy.

I hope Austin will be including his trusty canine companion, Otis, in his celebratory festivities today? No tacos though. Not good for the puppers. Maybe a pup-quito using sweet potatoes stuffed with ground beef and zucchini will work. I hope Jake is at Whole Foods right now shopping for the ingredients.

Great post, PG. I have a feeling you enjoyed selecting all those fantastic man-of-the-hour photos maybe a bit too much? Or, as that one tweeter pointed out, “Jake’s old man”. *snicker* I bet Mr. Gyllenhaal has already planned out that 25-item toppings bar to go along with those grilled fish tacos he’s whipped up for the special occasion. Please no kale allowed.

I found this post several years ago about the number 42. Since Austin is the intellectual in the family, I’m sure he’s quite familiar with some of these popular culture references but thought I would include for the entertainment value. Have a good one, fella.

The importance of the number 42