Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Liam Payne - Mr. Good Heart


With an extra-curricular narrative (aka impending Pampers-gate) hanging over Liam Payne's head like a cloud of pollution that will not dissipate away into blue skies, it can be easy to be distracted.  Yet it's difficult, if not impossible, to believe that Liam could be involved in this, the second mini-me melodrama to strike a band.  A young man who has much on his plate with enthusiastic career ambitions and a heart which makes it hard to believe he wouldn't be an early enrollee for Lamaze classes.

THIS is the Liam Payne that One Directions fans have become endeared to over the years.

The 1 a.m. visit in the morning to an ill fan:


 

And then there was the time he encouraged fans to donate to Trekstock, a charity which supports young people fighting cancer, instead of gifting him for his 20th birthday:


 


 

Even when trying to chill out fans, could anyone phrase their words any more gently?


 

Look at this little bean:


 

Liam is goofy, good cannonball fun:



Liam is appreciative of the simple things in life:


http://embracethequiff.tumblr.com/post/34687001310/liams-tattoo-explanation
 

And then there was his concern for some One Direction fans:

From PopGoesTheWeek:

A mob of One Direction fans in New Zealand basically ignored a big sign saying “Snake Habitat” so they could congregate in a field outside the group’s hotel. Payne begged them to stay away on Twitter. They responded with nary a care in the world. The sign wasn’t lying.


LOLLL!!! Is that just not classic?  "dont tell me what to do".  Liam is just too much.

For someone who said he was drunk when he tweeted these words, Liam Payne expressed himself quite nicely:

I don't ever claim to be a good person I'm not.
But I feel that I wanna be a humanitarian with all of this attention, if that's all i do that would make me happy.
the world needs to change, band together right now the same way me and one direction have the past few years, im a young man and to me the world is a pretty messed up place. with a huge lack of trust I don't understand much of it but what I do hurts me entirely, the young people of today are the difference we can change the face of the earth. I've been around the world the past four years of my life and nothing is balanced, I've been a poor man and a rich man, I've been to strange lands and third world countries and afraid to speak out but now I really see all of us should speak out and topple the imbalance. If you can today google charity overseas, give to a third world country and help them grow I've been there to Ghana they don't have anything they can't buy food from the groceries or McDonald's they have to get food by any mean necessary. so find a way to help donate to any charity and help change the world today. please from me
- Twitlonger   22 Jan 2015  @Real_Liam_Payne


Liam loves.  Liam cares.  Liam has put in his time to show the kind of person he is inside - a sensitive, appreciative and sweet young man.  And Narnia will patiently wait for his freedom when it comes for the other three members of the band - Niall, Louis, and Harry.













Update Feb 22, 2017:

Liam made a surprise appearance at the Brit Awards this evening, accepting on behalf of his group, One Direction the winning statuette for British Artist Video of the Year.



@TheDailyPayne did a wonderful gif set:


http://thedailypayne.com/post/157587544930/liam-accepting-one-directions-brit-award-for-best
 

Liam was looking dapper than sin and he graciously thanked the One Direction fans for their unfailing support and stated that "One Direction is who we are and who we always will be".


Quite a young man.



pic sources:  pinterest, popgoestheweek, rebloggy, tumblr
our playlist:  Break on Me - Keith Urban
                     Feel This - Enation

2 comments:

prairiegirl said...

Well, I don't know where my lunch hours go, but I only have about 5 minutes left.

I think the world of Liam and I can't believe anyone would buy this whole Cheryl baby story. He shows no outward signs of being an upcoming father whatsoever.

When I refer to him as being "free", I'm not referring to him coming out, but just being free of that whole baby story. I've seen enough to see that Ziam is very real. But if they still are together, I don't see him coming out. Hopefully he would learn from this whole experience and steer away from this kind of lying to the public that the management teams do and subsequently he gets dragged into.

There's such hope for folks as young as him and the other 1D boys. They need to learn from this whole experience.

prairiegirl said...

Just kill me dead now. Liam stepped up and accepted the award, spoke so eloquently and graciously and he looked damned hot doing it.

Way to go, Liam. So proud of that young man. At least for today, the intentionally timed Cheryl nonsense fell by the wayside as far as I was concerned.

Liam stood tall.