Monday, March 26, 2018

Jake Gyllenhaal Is Changing Faces - Watch Him Go!


It was just last October that Jake was announced as the new face of Eternity Calvin Klein:
 

"The company announced today that Jake Gyllenhaal will star in a new series of ads for Eternity by Calvin Klein, appearing alongside supermodel and advocate Liya Kebede and four-year-old Leila as a thoroughly modern 21st century family.


The trio will also appear in commercials that will debut later this month. In a press release Calvin Klein said that the new Eternity campaign focuses on “Calvin Klein’s longstanding ideas of romance, love, intimacy, and commitment. Today, those values continue with the focus very much on contemporary life.
- Jake Gyllenhaal is the New Face of Eternity Calvin Klein 


While Narnia is still waiting for the follow-up Calvin Klein ad to the October 2017 debut, we'll admire this new venture of Jake's for Cartier.


 
Let's get a better look at that picture since Twitter seemed to take editing into its own hands:



From WWD, the accompanying story -


WATCH FACE: Jake Gyllenhaal is joining forces with Cartier as the new face of its Santos de Cartier watch, WWD has learned exclusively.



The star of films including “Brokeback Mountain” and “Stronger” will appear in a film advertisement for the timepiece due to be released this spring in movie theaters and online.



“Integrity, dedication and boundless curiosity: Jake Gyllenhaal embodies the Santos de Cartier man. A man who commits utterly and does nothing by halves. A man who defines fearless as honest and true to himself,” Cartier said in a statement on Monday.

“Jake Gyllenhaal reveals a new side to his talent with every film, performing a wide variety of roles. Cartier was drawn to his invincible style and fearless spirit,” it added.

The endorsement marks a departure for Cartier, which has not previously featured a celebrity in its advertisements, although it has close relationships with film industry figures like Sofia Coppola, who as a “friend” of the house was pictured wearing its Clé de Cartier watch in 2016 and last year directed a commercial for the Panthère watch.

Though considered one of Hollywood’s most stylish leading men, Gyllenhaal has been highly selective in his brand endorsements.
source -  Jake Gyllenhaal is the New Face of Santos de Cartier Watch




Well, it does look like this time around, Jake's team steered away from the high diving board and chose the safe side of the pool:


"will appear in a film advertisement"


We at Narnia are thankful for this kind of clarification.  You know, so we aren't waiting for a sequel or a.....campaign™.  ;-)

On a side note, it is interesting to look at the differences between two write-ups on this Cartier story, that which is between WWD and The Hollywood Reporter.  Narnia has noticed for a while that The Hollywood Reporter has lost much of its "independent" edge and it could not be more evident than in this Cartier story.

Two eyebrow raising inclusions in this HR version :

1)  a reference to a recent bot stunt that was carried out by Drew Barrymore on the James Corden show: 

"Gyllenhaal, a person that Drew Barrymore loves, most recently starred in a Calvin Klein campaign for the Eternity fragrance"

The hyperlink "Drew Barrymore loves" even takes you to The Hollywood Reporter's version of the story.

2) the usage of a photo from the alleged "fan" Instagram account jakebullshittingovereveryone, I mean jakeovereverything.

 

This is followed with a post of humble "stokedness" by the surprisingly privileged social media account:


 Oh, and another slip-in of the Drew Barrymore "story".  It's a two-for-one!  How organic.



Nonetheless, Narnia will enjoy the new picture of Jake, which features one of his most graceful assets - his hands, which have always been eye catching.  The hardware from Cartier isn't too shabby either!  And not to mention, the extra "spending change" will come in quite handy for the Gyllenichols household.

As a fellow OMG friend of mine has said,

"New shoes for everyone!"

;-)

pic sources:  Reaction Gifs, Giphy, businesswire
our playlist:  Too Much Time on Our Hands - Styx
                     Baby One More Time - Britney Spears
                     Shake - MercyMe

 
 

15 comments:

prairiegirl said...

Nice, nice ad picture, isn't it? That is a really sharp watch, too. It's funny because just last night I was on Amazon looking at men's watches because my nephew wants one and so I was checking out a bunch of them.

They can be quite ornamental and quite complicated looking! I like the wide variety of faces and wristbands.

I can't get over how much in the pocket THR seems to be with Jake's people. Their stories on him are always feeding narratives and quite slanted. The fact that they used a picture from the alleged "fan" Instagram is so eyebrow raising, it isn't funny. They should have just pointed a big spotlight down on themselves.

Interestingly enough, the "voice" behind that Instagram is also very similar to the "voice" behind a certain Twitter "fan" account of Jake's which has appeared in the past. They deleted their account once, claiming they were going away to school and were going to be quite busy, etc. So they deleted their account and then miraculously re-appeared again and began posting like crazy. Not hinky at all. *wink*

One can't be fooled when it comes to Jake's team. It's a pretty small world. His fandom is very small now and anyone "new" really stands out to those of us who have been around for awhile. I will continue to call out that account because I have absolutely no doubt that it is run by his team.

But take a look for yourselves. The fact that they wrote Austin out of the Sushi Lunch photos was already enough for me.


prairiegirl said...

I am not looking forward to KU having to play Villanova!!! That game yesterday was so exciting, but I couldn't take another one of those, lol.

Wasn't planning on posting today, but it was an unexpected surprise to get a new picture of Jake. Very, very nice! :-)

Our next post will most likely be on Jared and Jensen, unless something else unexpected happens. But it will take a little while to put together - a lot of content. So stay tuned! ;-)

prairiegirl said...

This was one of the sweetest things to see in awhile. After all Louis has been through for the last several years and not have done for him (by his team), he tweets this today:


Louis Tomlinson
‏Verified account @Louis_Tomlinson

8 years today I went for my first audition on the X factor. Thanks you to my beautiful mum for talking me into going! Thank you to each and every person who’s ever supported !
10:06 AM - 26 Mar 2018


He continues to just amaze me with his thankfulness and humility. His outlook and attitude are so inspiring.

Thank you, Mr. Louis!

Florida Tom said...

Speaking of Louis I had to watch Dunkirk again last night. I can't believe that I did not pick up on Harry being in the movie the first time I saw it. When PG and M&M told me he was in it I could not believe it. Watching it last night I reckonized him immediately. It had to be the haircut. He actually had a pretty decent role and did a good job .Yes even with short hair he is fine M&M :-)

Methodical Muser said...

Congrats on your KU team, PG.

I knew that the Drew Barrymore nonsense on the James Corden show was a set up for something coming. I can't believe Jake's people actually think that anyone cares if Barrymore "loves" Jake. I think the last time she was associated with him was Donnie
Darko in 2001. How is that going to sell a $2,000 watch? Desperate times, I guess.

Methodical Muser said...


Yes even with short hair he is fine M&M :-)

He is a stunning young man, Tom. I'm sure PG agrees. :-)

And, I thought his performance was impressive for a debut movie. Harry is a natural at almost everything he does. Even though he has had to stunt for years, there is something genuine inside that shines through. Probably, because of his love and respect for Louis Tomlinson and his desire to be out.

prairiegirl said...

He is a stunning young man, Tom. I'm sure PG agrees. :-)

Uh oh, here we go Again! I’ll sit this one out, thanks! LOL!

Now if you two want to talk about Liam, then I’m all in! ;-)

prairiegirl said...

Excuse me, I should’ve said I’ll sit this slobberfest out! lol

Methodical Muser said...

Slobberfest???? Just a rational discussion, supported by the evidence. LOL!

Florida Tom said...

Go Wildcats!!

prairiegirl said...

I don’t know if I can watch that game! Ha ha ha, like your new avatar, Tom.

It’s funny to watch Jake’s team trying to preoccupy his social media activity with stunts and silly robot tweets to make him look busy. Let’s see, so far we’ve had the Drew Barrymore stunt, now we have the Kim Kardashian stunt where she has posted some kind of memory board of “personal” photos and included a childhood photo of Jake right where no one could miss it. And so someone tried to sell on Twitter today that Jake and her went to school together.

Huh? Since when? Good grief.

prairiegirl said...

Some folks may wonder if Tom or I asked anything or said anything to Austin which would indicate that we were from some old blogs of his & Jake’s, but that was never even considered. We’re not there to do anything like that - ever. Same would go for Jake.

We were there simply as fans and long time followers who are still interested in them. In my case, interested enough to still carry on a blog and other social media inspired by them both.

Besides, lol. I hardly got a bat of an eye of acknowledgement from Mr. Nichols whereas Mr. Tom received two handshakes, a Hello Sir where shall I sign? and I don’t know what all! LOL! I had the girl cooties so I got SQUAT. Wrong gender! LOL! ;-)

You think I’m kidding, don’t you? Ha, I’m still a little bitter, can you tell? Nah, I’m kidding. :*(

Lol, it’s still chapping my hide. ;-D

Ok, lunch is over. See ya!

Florida Tom said...

Maybe it was my block PG .

prairiegirl said...

Maybe it was my block PG.

Oh absolutely! M&M indicated as much. Had a lot to do with it. I'm just embellishing as I love to do. ;-)

Florida Tom said...

He absolutely knew what it meant. It gets better. Of course he knew.