Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Jake & Heath Manips - Flipped and Snipped





Edited on 08 16 18:


Well, since "Jake Gyllenhaal News" twitter account has been suspended, this explains why the tweet is not showing in this post correctly. Let's go to the original, incorrect tweet then:

 
Edited 11 08 23:  Oh look, yet another suspended account in "History Lovers Club".   * heavy sigh *  Let's try a screenshot this time.






This above photo has made endless rounds on Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr.  Even upon first glance, anyone can tell that Jake's right shoulder looks abruptly cut off, but that doesn't stop the photo from being retweeted and reblogged.  It wasn't until about a month or two ago that M&M and I happened to be on the phone and what looks to be the original photo was found. [not claiming to be the first to spot this, not by far. This was just the first time we ourselves had seen the original.]



Look at that - someone not only created a manip, but they also flipped the picture around.  Even the photo above is a bit hinky looking.  Is the gentleman behind Heath standing on a table?  His head is almost touching the ceiling.

In the "original manip", someone has even added a "Polaroid" border to make the photo look vintage.  In fact, the website Reddit even lists the picture as a "Polaroid".





Now, for the second extremely popular manip of Heath and Jake.  This one has been around the horn even more times than the green striped sweater photo.   Who hasn't seen these two pictures?






Wheweee, that second one is pretty hot, isn't it?  As hot as the first one is so cute.  ;-)  Their chemistry was fierce and undeniable, even in a manip.

The above two photos were a combination of four different shots:


                                               Heath and Michelle at Spurs/Lakers, Mar 6, 2006






















and







                            Jake and Kirsten Dunst at?   Lakers/Spurs, May 15, 2003



Hmmmmm. Both men's photo ops taking place at Lakers games, where all the celebs go to be seen, particularly those who have "relationships" to promote.  Yes, even Heath and Michelle, which should make one question why they should've had to do a photo op like this. 

And now having observed the past patterns of both rather "low-key" individuals, it's worthy of a side-eye now to go back and look at the OTT physically demonstrative nature of Heath and Michelle's photos at this particular game. 

After a posthumous period where Jake avoided speaking about Heath, the last several years have seen a 180 degree turn and now he can't speak enough.  His new team fills his social media searches with an obsessive number of Heath mentions, lamentations and shipping.  

These three manips are part of this resurgence. Instead of being relayed to fans as confessed manips however, they are portrayed as organic.  There is a bountiful multitude of beautiful pictures of Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal together.   To manip and not label as a manip is misleading and needless.  





















 







  


And one of my favorites, which is a picture they didn't appear to be consciously posing for, but nonetheless was a beautiful capture.





So what's the point of this post? Well, besides, seeing some lovely photos of Heath and Jake together, eye candy if you will, the use of photoshopping with a closeted celebrity is often designed to discourage the fandom of that celebrity's significant other. In this case, it's the "just pair Jake with anyone else but Austin" syndrome.

Extra points are given if the shipping is with someone safe such as, in this instance, the late Heath Ledger. 

If you access Jake's social media search, it quickly becomes apparent that Austin Nichols is noted merely by his complete absence

Because even though Jake's longtime fans are aware that he and Austin have known each other for years and were often photographed together in the early days, one has to ask the question why no one on Twitter, or Instagram, or Facebook ever posts a photograph of them in the same frame. Not even re-postings of the infamous Lakers photos from February 2006 that everyone once  drooled from the moment they first appeared. We can get manips like the Jake and Heath "Polaroid from the set of Brokeback Mountain" or pics "at a Lakers game", which we saw above, but we can't get the original, authentic ones.   

One should ask, why is that?



 pic sources:  IHJ, weheartit, zimbio, perez hilton, independent.co.
                      uk, frostsnow, pinterest, alamy, spanish.people.com,
                      getty images, tumblr, instagram, reddit
our playlist:  If You Love - Howard Jones
                     Silver Springs (live)- Fleetwood Mac
                     Far Away - Nickelback
                     Thinking About You - Norah Jones

6 comments:

prairiegirl said...

Now, could it be that the green strip sweater pic in the Instagram is from a party held on the Brokeback Mountain set? Not sure. I just happened to stumble upon that pic on Instagram. Since that time, I've run across a comment on a blog from some guy who made the point that he had seen the original on tumblr.

These three manips have been around for years, but only in the last couple of years, are they being pounded on Jake's social media search. And a "history lover's" tweet of a manip? Really? And you're about history? smh.

Anyway, not that anyone will pay attention to this, but......

for what it's worth.


prairiegirl said...

They were magnetic together, weren't they though?

I could go on a bit more, but it's time to start wrapping it up. Got dishes to do or else the kitties won't be able to eat in the morning. Good night y'all. :-)

prairiegirl said...

So sorry for the quiet! I'm watching a new dog plus work has been very busy & time consuming. Today was the ol' "company picnic" and who has a picnic in the state of Kansas in AUGUST?!!!!

I did NOT vote for that one, let me tell you. It was incredibly miserable out there.

And now I have this very slow internet working tonight; maybe it'll be better tomorrow, I don't know. But I'm here all week, so my apologies. I don't think I'll be here very often, if again in the future. We'll see, lol. I don't know, so far, it's kind of a trying start. ;-)

prairiegirl said...

Oh my DOG - this week.....and me without a reasonably moving internet connection except on my phone and IPad. And I am limited by phone usage because it’s good for just about Twitter and email only. I refuse to type a blog comment on my phone unless it is just absolutely necessary, let alone a blog post. I’m at this house until Monday, Lord willing. Watching a new little dog for the neighbor friend of the kitties’ mama. I don’t know - it’s not going the best thus far, ha ha. He is the cutest little thing and very loving. But he (and there’s the key word - “he”. HA!) is pretty needy and the slightest noise or movement seems to send him running upstairs all the time or jumping. I have to try and be careful not to unexpectedly drop things. I don’t know what his deal is, poor little guy. And I don’t think he’s a rescue dog either. He’s doing better, so hopefully by the end of the week, he’ll be a lot more comfortable. We only met once before this gig, so I’m not surprised, but STILL.

So I am here at work kissing the internet connection here. I’ll never complain about bad internet problems anymore. ;D

prairiegirl said...

Anyway, what I was going to talk about was I wanted to mention that when I was working on this post and I mentioned that there was a plethora of beautiful photos of Jake & Heath together, I actually did struggle to find pics of them which weren’t work related and showed their close bond. I mean, there were the usual ones that everybody posts all the time where Jake is staring at Heath with his tongue hanging out (LOL!), but I didn’t want to use those because they were one-sided and not mutual.

Every other picture I could find were from the numerous public appearances they did and they were simply professional looking. I have no doubt that they were close and I wouldn’t be surprised at all that there was some hanky panky while filming. But I struggled to come up with the pictures that I did.

Maybe Mgmnt can come up with some “new/old” ones on Twitter/Instagram to help out. ;D

Congratulations to Louis Tomlinson on his Teen Choice “Choice Male Artist” award. That’s quite an accomplishment considering who he beat out. His fans are truly the best and he heaped praise and appreciation on his loyal, longtime fans. They all work so hard for him out of sheer love and adoration. Never seen anything like it. And the entire 1D fandom is incredible. They’re still very powerful, despite what Sony and Modest have tried and continue to try to destroy and dismantle.

prairiegirl said...

Counting down the days until I can get onto an internet feed and quit feeding off of my phone. That could just about be a deal breaker in the future - MUST HAVE INTERNET. Lol.

This lil’ guy is just one - I’m just watching one, but this has been the biggest learning experience. I could go on all day about this dog and all of his little habits and whatnot. Pets, just like animals, are a true reflection of their owners. And this little guy (he’s a poodle mix - with a lolliopso (sp - I know that’s nowhere close, but I don’t have time to look it up, LOL. I think there is a letter ‘a’ in there somewhere) he is a lap dog to the full hilt. He always likes to be held and I find myself carrying him all the time.

I have turned into Jake and Boo! It’s my worst nightmare. LOL!!