Thursday, February 22, 2018

Fuzzy Wuzzy Wuz a Photo


There seems to be a few cases of indignation regarding photos going around.  



                                       *dodges*











Pardon me.



lol.  You know what?   As long as these social media teams are posting #winners like these?





LOL, I mean, just horrible.  One of the worst likenesses I've seen for who is supposed to be Jake.

And here's an oldie but a goodie.  Wow, lol. [I suppose she could have been joking around, but maybe a #manip would've been helpful.]


 
Remember the shot from the Hindenburg?  Yes, those two dots on the right, way down there....


Not to mention the glowing bandana:





This Barton Springs TX classic:



And we just had the floating cell phone,


Who could forget this classic, one that I like to call the Kramer and the mannequin doll vending machine pic?  Vintage!


 Jake?  Where?!!  No one told me I'd need night goggles just to look at a photo!



The back of the dog shot.  Nope, sorry - this doesn't work either:



Nor do profile shots with hair shielding the face, ballcaps with the bill pulled down covering the eyes and nose, and close cropping:

 
Oh, also a strike?  Vermeer-like photos of fruit, concert stages, plates of food, pillows on a bed, balconies and lawn chairs, painted toenails, and Space Shuttle orbit shots.



Whaaaaa?  Is it possible that we, the fans, can be subjected to manipulated photos for the sake of misleading?  Tell me it ain't so, Joe!

via GIPHY



Let's just say that the time has come to open our eyes a little wider and ask why all the artifice?


pic sources:  Giphy
our playlist:  This Time I Know It's For Real - Donna Summer
                     Fake - Alexander O'Neal
                     Got To Be Real - Cheryl Lynn
                     Baby, Don't Forget My Number - Milli Vanilli


4 comments:

prairiegirl said...

Happy Friday to everyone!

Back to the office tomorrow. I've been working from home several times this week and I'm TIRED of it! lol. Seriously. It's not always what it's cut out to be.

prairiegirl said...

Just one thing too about calling "Fake!"

I'm not saying that's not Jake in the mannequin vending machine photo. clearly that is him. But what is with the vending machine strategically placed? Who is it really behind that machine? His sister, probably?

That's a real kitchen, yes. Could be a real picnic layout. That's undoubtedly Odette on some kind of table or something. But where's the key person for the picture? Where are the needed subjects? And I mean faces, not top or back of the heads. Not an arm. Not a dog.

Make these people come through with convincing shots. Challenge. Because otherwise, they are just going to run roughshod over you, particularly like the Padackles Foursome has been for years. And getting away with it.

It's easier to sell a bearding pic and you're more likely to get fibbing because the OTP's nor the beards really want to take the time IF they don't have to. When it's the OTP? Not nearly as much, especially a couple like Jake and Austin because they haven't had a pap photo op since 2014. It's been over four years.

prairiegirl said...

lol. I gotta share something that's pretty stupefying.

I thought that little Peru TV guy was a BEAR! LOL. I have always found that gif soooo cute and I wanted to find it and use it in the post, so there I was Googling "cute bear gif" and "PeruTV bear" and bear, bear, bear, bear. I even went to Giphy.com and put in "bear" and "bear gasping" and what not. I spent so much time on this. *titter*

And so I don't even know how I eventually found it, but did and so there he is. And I'm on the phone the other evening with ol' M&M and mentioned how I had such a hard time finding the cute little bear gif.

And she said "That is NOT a bear! You couldn't find it because that is a monkey!"

And I said "Huh? No, it's a little bear!"

And she said I needed to look up pictures of a bear and monkey because couldn't I see its tail? And M&M was so serious arguing about this and I hand waved it off for awhile, thinking I was still right, but doubt starting to creep in. And but, but, but! He had little ears like a bear cub!!

lol. Except now that I looked at it again, his little ears are on the side of his little head and a bear's ears are on TOP!

LOL. Anyway, just an Auntie Mame "Gloria Upson ping pong game" story there, not funny to anyone else, but it made me laugh. What a dipwad.

Okay, now back to work on our next post. If you see me on Twitter, tell me to get off and get back to work.

Methodical Muser said...

...thinking I was still right, but doubt starting to creep in....

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! That's PG in a nutshell. Passionate, yet reflective enough to reconsider. Hey, at least, you didn't confuse the little critter with a giraffe. I would have most definitely been concerned at that point. Next time we'll have to discuss your Liam Payne grasp of geography. *grin*