Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Part 3 of 4- The Abrupt Disappearance of Decoding Anna



For any of us who followed Anna on social media and/or engaged in conversation, it gradually became noticeable that she had disappeared from the internet. On July 2, I sent her a Twitter DM, asking "Where is your voice?" followed by on July 6, I reached out from both of my tumblr accounts a shoutout to the J2 community if they had heard anything from Anna because her social media accounts had not been behaving in their normal pattern. One day prior, July 5, I had noticed that Anna's twitter was sending out only one tweet per day and these tweets were all at the same time every day:  either 4:00am or 4:01am.  Granted yes, one can program their tumblr posts, even tweets to publish at a specific time.

But what made some folks perplexed was that the daily Tumblr post was simply a reblog and the lone daily tweet was merely a re-post from the Tumblr post. There were no "Anon Asks", no added commentary, and there was no longer any back-and-forth engagement of any kind.

On July 11, an anonymous poster brought up the subject of Anna on Spn_Gos. http://spn-gossip.livejournal.com/34086.html?thread=293033254#t293033254

OT: Decoding J2 tumblr
(Anonymous)
2016-07-11  12:58 am (local)
Anyone know if something is wrong? There are no new posts except for pics and vids from PhxCon.
http://decodingj2andco.tumblr.com/

There were a couple other responses on the thread but they had nothing to do with Anna.  The poster received one response, one which seems to be missing a lead-in of "Er": 

Re: OT: Decoding J2 tumblr
(Anonymous)
2016-07-11 08:25 am (local)

tumblr has guidelines?
;)


On July 16th, new moderators were introduced on Spn_Gos in a thread, a whole other topic of possible discussion, lol.  But I used an opportunity in the thread to bring up the subject of Anna.  I'm going to provide the link because the entire thread is something to behold, really, lol.  I made the observation that I felt Anna had been silenced by the J's management team.  The responses start off quite innocently, i.e. starting off with this little gem posted seven minutes later, followed by two more: 

" What are you talking about? She's still around and posted just six hours ago. DecodingJ2andCo is doing what it always have. She hasn't been around long but she's a very valueable source already if you need to find something."

"Wait, what? What happened to DecodingJ2andCo? Isn't that the tumblr by the newbie? Forgot her LJ sock. I just went to that blog and it looks like she's still posting stuff. What'd I miss?"

"I have no idea what the f**k lv2 is talking about but don't expect an answer, if she's wrong she usually just moves on and pretends it never happened. If I'm correct Anna(?) usually posts here using her Decoding twitter. The tumblr and twitter are still up."

The thread continues as I point out the 4:00 and 4:01 daily postings to which some anons point out to me that I'm a dumbass and didn't I know this is called setting up posts in a "queue".  At that point, some anons still did not seem too concerned, but several did speak up that they too, had noticed Anna was not posting in her previous pattern.

What then set the thread on its end was when I mentioned that Anna had mentioned to me in a DM that an account was concerning to her.   In Anna's words, she felt she was being watched and a specific account was suspicious. In the only DM I will ever post...


From this point forward, there was a dramatic change in tone on the thread and but for some sincerely concerned anons, the most vocal (loudest) became attacking and accusing.

Well, this is some f**king pertinent info you could have shared immediately instead of your other stupid arguments. Has she now told you that there is someone else posting that from her account? What was the threat? This is f**king important if it's true. What's the tumblr account that was harassing her?

The conversation then became about me trying to be some kind of "martyr" and withholding information, standing by not doing anything to help, etc. etc. Oh, it was a real production.  Here's a link to the thread:
Thread to discussing disappearance

And the reason why I spend time on Spn_Gos thread discussions is like on any other blog, the ebb and flow, the angles taken, the attempts to change direction are all very telling and if witnessed enough, you become attuned the next time you see it happening.  In this case, my interpretation of this thread is this:

At first, reaction to the discussion of Anna are "Huh? What? What's going on? Did I miss something?"  to "I'm totally not buying, but what other wares do you have to show?" and finally to "You need to tell us this information you're withholding, you're playing victim, you're a typical conspiracy theorist, your blankety blank paranoia, please take yourself elsewhere" etc. etc.

Theatrics at its best.

to be concluded in Part 4 of 4
Click here for the conclusion - Pt. 4 


source:  Spn_Gos, goosestile twitter
song:  If I'm Any Closer - Seal 
           I'll Find My Way Home - Jon and Vangelis

No comments: