Wednesday, December 7, 2016

A Study in Ease - A Study of Jake and Austin







What would it be like if we were to view these pictures with the enlightening Sister Wendy? I wonder what she would see?  With the exception of Brandon Fuller's "Leadville", one can see how Austin tends to withdraw a bit, disappear...

Notice in the first three pictures the way Austin's head is down.  He is quiet or involved in something while Jake chatters on.   He's comfortable with himself while watching or listening to others, while Jake likes to be an active participant.  

I like what looks to me like the opposite sides of their personalities.  It is this snap and lock relationship that has persevered for so long, that has continued despite all of the naysayers, despite all of the attempts to breed rumors to the contrary.  

Love and art is in the oblivious.  Love and art is in the comfort and ease.  Love and art is in the quiet, humdrum, and serene.

What say you, Sister Wendy?



pic sources:  IHJ, Brandon Fuller, pinterest
song:  With a Christmas Heart - the great Luther Vandross 
 

 

 

3 comments:

prairiegirl said...

That man's voice was pure gold, wasn't it? Luther Vandross. He was soul and love and rhythm and smooth as silk.

I love those pictures, particularly the very first one. Austin is busy reading or writing or whatever it is he's doing and Jake & that fellow are just talking away. And it's all good. Like Jake knows Austin maybe isn't into whatever it is they're talking about. Maybe Austin didn't want to join in the discussion.

Or maybe only 3 seconds after that shot, Austin jumped into the conversation. LOL!

Absolutely love Sister Wendy. If you ever have an opportunity to catch one of her specials on PBS or something, I would encourage you to take advantage. She is wonderful. She got me so excited about studying a painting, the way she notices all of the details in a painting.

prairiegirl said...

Well, now we know where Mr. Jakester has been hiding out and who has the kids. Awww, and here he is, looking quite spiffy!

Overture, curtains, lights
This is it, you'll hit the heights
And oh what heights we'll hit
On with the show this is it


That's a good one to end online activity on. Not sure when it airs or when he taped it, probably today, I reckon. The Conan show.

G'nite!

prairiegirl said...

I can honestly say I have never been more embarrassed and thoroughly disgusted by Austin's behavior than I was today. Today, I very well could have wished Jake to be done with him and kick him out to the curb. Surely there is someone else out there who wouldn't pin Jake into the closet like Austin has.

I blame Austin now for nearly all of the mess. I think Ted was right. Grey Goose is the one who told Toothy they could have it all.

And where it shows is in the proactive enthusiasm that Austin gives to his bearding. He enjoys jerking people around, enjoys the lying, and when he's done for the day, he's done and moves along.

He's the one to blame for this deep closet.

But does this change anything? Did his behavior embarrass myself enough to move on? Pffft! Never! lol.

It'll pass. Not sure if I'll ever like Austin like I did. I gave him way too much credit as a decent person. And I don't know.

Maybe I do wish Jake had fallen in love with someone who wouldn't have pinned him in like this. It's given me cause to pause, that's for sure.

Anyway, we'll continue to have some good times here. Those 2 guys are as together as they ever are, nothing has changed even after the 12001 videos and vines and Insta stories and tweets and Instagrams trying to convince two bloggers - I mean, the masses. LOL!!!

;-) Goodnight.