Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Worth Every Penny - Kris Allen at the Kauffman Center

First of all, this wasn't Kris' tour.  He was touring as a guest of Jim Brickman. Not only are both of these men very talented, but Jim also had electric violinist Tracy Silverman and singer Anne Cochran in his ensemble as well.  All parties performed with the Kansas City Symphony this past Friday night, December 9.  The tickets weren't cheap and my bank account is still wincing just a tad, especially after finding out that admission to the Wichita KS show is considerably less!  But that's okay; most likely part of the hefty price was paying for the venue.

Promoting his new Christmas CD, Somethin' About Christmas, Kris performed with his guitar, Jim, Tracy and Anne.  I could not believe I was actually there and all 4 individuals did a superb job.  Kris is as cute as a button, handsome as sin, and just a very humble acting young man.  

Just wanted to share the pictures that I took that night.  No, I didn't ask to take a picture with him.  But I did extend a hand and tell him I really enjoyed the show.  (He had a very warm hand and a firm handshake!)  The opportunity presented itself to meet Tracy and Anne as well.  What extremely talented, nice and friendly entertainers they were and I was so impressed by both.  It's unbelievable that all three were at a table following the performance, available to sign CD's, visit, take pictures and not charging a month's salary like is seen now at Creation Entertainment photo ops.   Very refreshing.  

If they tour in your area, I highly recommend the show.  It'll feed the holiday spirit.









Thank you Mr. Brickman, Mr. Allen, Mr. Silverman and Ms. Cochran.  What a wonderful evening!

pic source:  me
Songs:  Thank You Very Much - Scrooge soundtrack
             Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - Kris Allen

6 comments:

prairiegirl said...

Worth every penny. I wish nothing but great success for Kris. I hope this tour helps his career. I know that he is touring with a group (?) called Parachute and has already promoted the upcoming dates in 2017. He is all over the U.S. with Jim Brickman. Where they performed on Friday night wasn't the main hall and it was small and intimate. But wow, what a venue. That place blew me away - it was a real piece of architecture. Outside where you see Kris standing was a huge panoramic window that went from floor to ceiling and it gave you an incredible view of downtown Kansas City. Just gorgeous.

I still can't believe I saw Kris - what a beautiful young man and I love to watch him play his guitar. Every time he came out on stage, he stepped on some little metal button on a box and then when he exited, he stepped on it again. Must have been his amplifier maybe?

Just a dandy. I'll always remember the evening. It was perfect.

prairiegirl said...

Too bad he couldn't have sung "Falling Slowly". I love the way he sings that song.

But they were pretty much sticking to Christmas music and that was fine with me. Kris' voice is pretty unique and it has a comforting sound, I think.

After the concert was over and folks were walking by to exit, this senior lady walked by with her husband. She wore a fur coat, but it was like a vest. And I don't know why, but she looked right at me when she said something about never having watched American Idol but Kris Allen sure was a cute young man. LOL. I don't know why she looked right at me when she said that.

Again, just a great evening!

Methodical Muser said...


Those are some great photos, PG. What a beautiful interior. I read that the Kauffman Center is the performance home to the Kansas City Symphony, the Lyric Opera of Kansas City, and the Kansas City Ballet. Acoustics must be fantastic.

Looking at his tour schedule, Kris sure does tour a lot. He's listed for performances in something like sixteen different cities in April alone, but does seem to have a break in March. Good to know he's still able to maintain a career after "winning" American Idol. Yes, I put quotes around winning because even though I like Kris, I still remember how Adam Lambert was used for ratings throughout Season 8 of American Idol, but then, by the end, Simon Cowell made sure he didn't win. Of course, there was queerbaiting going on the entire season of the X-Factor UK this year too. Most notably with the kid who eventually won. Of course, the very next day this headline appears in the Showbiz section of the Metro:

Terry clears up sexuality rumor

How very tiresome.

Methodical Muser said...


By the way, my favorite quote in this obviously manufactured article was this one:

Not that speculation about his sexuality angers Matt. ‘It doesn’t bother me – who cares?’ he explained. ‘If you like a boy, you like a boy, if you like a girl you like a girl. If you like both, you like both…it’s 2016. There are so many worse things people could say. It’s not an insult to me.’

Nothing to see here, people. Just move along. If a performer is in the closet it's only because they have chosen to be. in other words, they have personal problems with their own sexuality. Management teams and despicable individuals like Simon Cowell have nothing to do with it. It's the 21st century! No one cares. (sarcasm intended)

You can see how Cowell has used 1D's hiatus this year to distance himself from all the rumors about Harry and Louis. Then he will apply those uber strict clauses in his "on any planet" contracts to ensure that no one can ever tell the truth about his homophobic stunts, including not just fake girlfriends and engagements, but a fake Freddie Reign as well. Karma's a bitch, Simon.

Methodical Muser said...


I just wanted to post this here since I mentioned on Friday how Cowell is manipulating the new X Factor winner's image. Not only does he continue to try to package Matt as a Louis Tomlinson look-a-like... LOL! Yeah right. Let's assess that comparison. Louis is gorgeous. And, Matt...well Matt is most definitely not.

Anyway, now he's going to have Matt and his "best friend" move in together, just like Louis and Harry did in 2011. Don't forget though that Cowell made sure to put Matt on the record as being straight first. Hint, hint.

The suggestion is clear. Louis and Harry must be straight as well. Just because they moved in together after the show, means nothing. Seeeeeeee. Two guys from the X-Factor living together doesn't mean they are gay. Cowell is so full of it. And he never gives up. A classic sociopath.

2010 Flashbacks?

prairiegirl said...

To all of our readers, humble apologies for the lack of updates. I have Google Fiber and on Saturday my internet was in and out. By sometime overnite, it was gone along with the cable. And at the earliest Google Fiber is saying maybe tomorrow but it could be Wednesday. This after 0 degrees and one lone inch of snow.

So I can't change the music and certainly can't update our post from a cell phone. Ha ha I would probably destroy the phone before it could be done.

We'll see if M & M can post a happy birthday to the Jakester w/o pushing the cake in his face, so to speak. LOL!!!!!

So sorry! Ugh, cable companies. Ugh, typing on a cell phone.