Monday, August 15, 2016

And Who Doesn't Love a Man Who Loves to Cook?





Sometimes with all of the "extracurricular" social media activity surrounding deeply  closeted couples or individuals, it can become easy to forget the nice stuff, the good stuff.  So I wanted to spend a moment reflecting on something that I really enjoy and like about Jake and it's his much publicized love for cooking and also for cookbooks.  
Excerpted from an interview quoted on many sites, Jake said:


“I’ve always loved cooking, probably because my father and mother always cooked,” he said. Gyllenhaal also collects old cookbooks, to inspire new dishes. “I have a massive section in my library at home of beautiful old cook books. I really have a strange obsession with them.”
“If I’m making a romantic dinner. I like to go to a farmers market first, buy things fresh and come up with my own dish based on whatever I’ve bought,” said Gyllenhaal. “I grow my own vegetables at home because I love fresh food.” - DietsinReview.com

Now, who knows how he would be able to grow vegetables at home now, but perhaps something that grows quickly so the kids could participate.  I'm curious as to what kind of cookbooks Jake collects.  All kinds?  Baking? Italian? Mexican, surely. Aaah, how about soups, stews and chowders??  Any canning?  Breakfast and Brunch? Stratas and fritatas?  Pressure cooker involvement?  Kabobs?
Anyway, it's a great talent and love to have.  It's too bad we don't hear more about these pieces of Jake as a person anymore.  Bon appetit, buddy!





 picture sources:  nytimes, pinterest, Wet, Dark and Wild,                              cityfarmer
 song:  Be Our Guest - cast of Beauty and the Beast
            at 03:00   the Oscar performance of Be Our Guest by
                            the great Jerry Orbach

7 comments:

prairiegirl said...

Wow, the rest of my evening kind of went to the wayside since posting. It was a great day off from work, but now my 4-day weekend is over. :-( I need to get out of this rat work race!!! lol.

All kinds of drama going on in the Spn fandom. So much drama and I thought first thing this morning, I'd do a post on it, but it's just too early yet to properly speculate what in the heck they're doing. Whatever it is, I don't believe what is going on, sorry.

And I don't have the heart to say anything yet on Twitter bc 1) it is too early to tell for sure what Mgmnt is pulling and 2) I just do not have the heart out of consideration for a few of my followers. So I'll probably confine my eventual spew to Narnia. LOLLL.

It's kind of late to go into the whole thing. Let's see what tomorrow brings, but I swear, the drama is just swirling around Jared and already I'm getting a whiff of a stunt of some kind.

Timing is everything with closeted couples.

prairiegirl said...

Countdown this week. We have two pretty special Jaustin days coming yet this month and I'm so excited about their anniversaries. :-)

Had to include that one farmers market pic because Jake had a bag of kettle corn, LOL! Don't you just love that stuff? The red polo grocery shopping pic is also a favorite. Cookbooks are a real weakness of mine. I have more cookbooks than you can shake a stick at, although the compulsive buying has been greatly curtailed just due to space issues. And the last picture with the stained recipe cards - totally get that one. Don't you find that your favorite, never-fail recipes are the cut out ones or written cards that are all bent and creased and stained? The love marks of a treasured recipe.


I also see Louis Tommo trending on Twitter and I don't know what that's all about with his tweet. Maybe M&M will have some insight later.

Methodical Muser said...


Well, according to Jake he probably doesn't have too many baking cookbooks. He's not about precision. More about improvisation.

Methodical Muser said...


I also see Louis Tommo trending on Twitter and I don't know what that's all about with his tweet. Maybe M&M will have some insight later.

Just more stunting nonsense with @Louis_Tomlinson's twitter account. The intern who has access to his social media, "interacted" with @NiallOfficial instead of Liam because big bad Liam is off limits since he "betrayed" Simon Cowell and recently signed a solo record deal with Capitol Records. Niall is publicly attached at the hip with Modest these days so of course @Louis_ is going to bond with @Niall.

The whole farce was once again about "bad 1D fans" who just won't leave poor Louis alone and sent him some disgusting' WhatsApp messages. Yeah right. Because when your phone is hacked the first thing you think of doing is getting on that account and publicly complaining then playfully interacting with your new "favorite" bandmate about the situation.

You can see that Simon Cowell continues to try and alienate as much of the One Direction fan base as he can, because none of those boys have resigned with Syco and that will be more than apparent in the future. Cowell probably still has control of their images which is preventing Louis and Niall from moving on from Modest and Babygate. This whole heavily scripted "transition" is a study in how a narcissistic megalomaniac continues to desperately try to outsmart four young men who have had enough of his manipulative, homophobic bullshit.

destiny said...

After all these years I still have a hard time believing "singing" Jerry Orbach is the same person who was on Law and Order. I really enjoyed hearing him on the post today.

prairiegirl said...

Hi Destiny! I loved Jerry Orbach. I loved him from Murder, She Wrote and was so heartbroken when he passed away.

Here's the You Tube link for that performance and the picture is grainy, but it's still an awesome show and Disney really went all out. I remember being so disappointed that Beauty didn't win Best Picture.

the great Jerry Orbach performing Be Our Guest at the Oscars

:-)

prairiegirl said...

Getting a kick out of Jake's people planting a few tweets today of Jake in London. Somehow we just don't have any photo ops or fan pics since that planted Instagram Crazy Quilt Picnic. And who knows where or when that was taken.

Jake's as resistant to the camera as Danneel Harris-Ackles since the potato pictures. It's going to be a bumpy ride for sure from here on out on the gestation period for the twins. There has already been drama and social media "outbursts" and rumors of crying and I don't know what all.

In a way, Jake & Austin never had to worry about anyone speculating on baby bumps or who was the biological mother of their kids because their surrogates were never known. But Jensen married his beard so now they have to go through months of pretense. And it's already off to a pretty hinky start.