Saturday, August 20, 2016

Leadville 2010: Wherever You Are Is the Place I Belong

Six years ago today, Jake was in Colorado for the Leadville Trail 100 mile run, along with his brother-in-law. Peter Sarsgaard, Christopher McDougall, an assortment of others, and the man of the hour....Austin Nichols.  August 20, 2010.   The story began when one of the Leadville race participants, Brandon Fuller unknowingly took THE picture that set the tale in motion, posted the snapshot on his blog, then provided the following deets: 

"After leaving the assembly, we heard rumors of Hollywood stars in the mix. Turns out Jake Gyllenhaal of gay cowboy fame was up in the rafters in a big beard and hat."

"Anyway, here is a back shot of him. He is in the hat with backpack. I wussed out on getting a picture. Wasn't sure I cared enough."






Brandon didn't identify Peter Sarsgaard, nor anyone else, just the more recognizable, Jake Gyllenhaal.   True to form, the management troll whose reason for being is to monotonously convince the public that Jake and Austin are not a couple,  argued vehemently about the ear on the fellow standing to the left of Jake, even enlarging another image of Austin for comparison's sake.  How unfortunate for the desperate naysayer that Brandon's original image is the clearest one we are ever going to get. No pseudo substitutes allowed.

In fact, now that I look closer at that long sideburn which runs from the side view of Austin's hair all the way down the jawline, I'm seeing a big "L".  Was that for your movie "LOL", Austin?  Or perhaps the "L" was for Leadville.   LOLLLLLLL.  Doesn't that look like a big L?  A perfectly manicured and coiffed L.  :-)


No matter how amusing the thought might be, it’s a safe bet that hair follicles were not communicating some coded message that day. But, our favorite Texan chatterbox did not miss the opportunity to slyly communicate his whereabouts another way.  Because besides Brandon's fortuitous photo, we have some pretty solid circumstantial evidence that Austin was sending his own special kind of cryptographic brain teasers via his Sensitive Julian Baker (alter ego) Twitter account. Get a load of some of his loved up and baby-obsessed tweets, created just after the Leadville weekend:



@adamlevine your music is playin in my gym. Got me all pumped up. (Or romanced up) Love you tender

There is always time for forking (love making). But it is far more important to cuddle and talk and make sure everyone is feeling good.  August 23, 2010  6:05 PM

Probably Eat, Pray, Love. (for the third time) then take a shower. healthy dinner. and curl up on the couch for a little sex and city    Aug 22nd

I will b here 2 comfort you in the hard times. You can lay ur head on my shoulder. You can cry into my chest. i will b your SensitiveJulian  August 23, 2010  4:21 PM

MEN. LISTEN TO YOUR WOMEN. HOLD THEM. AND LISTEN SOME MORE. LIGHT SOME CANDLES. HOLD THEM. AND LISTEN SOME MORE.   Wednesday, August 25, 2010  11:04:24 AM


Sperm count is not what makes a man. It is compassion and love and commitment!!!  Tuesday, August 24, 2010  10:43:22 AM


HEY!!! I don't care what the doctors say!!! I believe in my heart that she CAN get pregnant. And I am going to try until we do!!!  Tuesday, August 24, 2010  10:36:34 AM


My biggest dream... All I want in life... Is to get Brooke pregnant. My bones are aching to knock her up so we can start a family!!   10:32 AM  August 24, 2010


There has been an incredible show of support for @sensitivejulian already. thank you all. my arms are open to you all for HUGGIES!!!   2:58PM August 23, 2010




Jake and Austin sure seemed like they were enveloped in a Leadville induced postnatal fog after the birth of Baby Hugo earlier in the month of August. After all, the modern day miracle of surrogacy is such a wonderful thing! Particularly, for gay men in love who wish to have their own family. 

And why would these two guys be willing to take a risk to be seen together?  Well, perhaps they took the chance to experience one last celebratory fling before the closet door was going to be shut tight. In fact, we didn't see the pair publicly again until January, 2012, over 16 months later. Immediately after Leadville, Austin had to return to North Carolina for his “One Tree Hill” duties.  And, an already hardly working Jake essentially disappeared completely until the end of September 2010.  He only re-emerged for Love and Other Drugs promo, and to become high profile tabloid fodder with the notorious beard for hire, Taylor Swift, by the end of October. 

Jake may not own a Twitter, but he sure was sending out some hot vibes of his own that day in Leadville. We read you loud and clear, Jake. A good time was had by all. Especially, if their initials started with an "A" and ended with an "N".





 

 
written by:  Methodical Muser and Prairie Girl
picture sources:  IHJ, Brandon Fuller
Quotes:  from Brandon Fuller's blog  http://brandon.fuller.name/archives/2010/08/20/18.22.00/
Song:  Ready to Run - One Direction 

14 comments:

prairiegirl said...

To look back at how it was discovered that was Austin in the picture, here's a link to the post on OMG, back on Oct 9, 2010:

For long time OMG'ers, it really is interesting to go back in time and look at our comments:

A look back at Leadville 2010

prairiegirl said...

And I greatly apologize for not being able to identify the man to Austin's left, because I do remember that he was named. I just can't remember where it was that he was identified. I believe he tragically passed away from a heart attack later in time.

Methodical Muser said...


And I greatly apologize for not being able to identify the man to Austin's left

That's Christopher McDougall, PG. The ultrarunner who died in March 2012 was Micah True aka Caballo Blanco (White Horse).

Btw: There were more clues, other than the direct photographic evidence of Austin being with Jake that day. On September 2, 2010 (less than three weeks later) Austin tweets from out of nowhere:

New Obsession. The Leadville 100. Anybody want to train with me?
Sept 3 - AUS10


And, less than one year later, a One Tree Hill fan tweeted about seeing Austin wearing Vibram Fivefingers Bikila Running Shoes. Barefoot running shoes that are part of the Christopher McDougall Born to Run marathon movement.

Methodical Muser said...


Just for fun. Today is another one year anniversary. The Vevo video release of 1D's, "Drag Me Down". To date: 515,933,557 views and after only seven days in release last year, the song reached 17.7 million streams. The record just went platinum on August 5, 2016. We miss you boys!

Over 5 million Views

prairiegirl said...

Oh. My. Dog. For anyone on Tumblr, you've got to see this little cartoon. It just about killed me, I'm not kidding.

This is a killer


I reblogged it and said that I opened Tumblr ONE TIME in our lunch room and that was the LAST time I opened it up in the lunch room. LOLLLLLLL

These pictures just make me laugh. Look at that person looking over her shoulder. *snicker*

It's killing me.

prairiegirl said...

OH shoot. LOLLLL. The little barn and the puppy and she's humming along to herself and then....she goes to work and BOOM!!

It's got 61,000 notes on it. Those pictures are just killing me.

Methodical Muser said...



It's got 61,000 notes on it. Those pictures are just killing me.

I wonder if people actually do that, PG? I'm just asking for a friend. *snicker*

prairiegirl said...

OH man, I've finally stopped laughing. That was so awesome.

A very nice picture appeared yesterday of Jared and Jensen at a golf course in Pebble Beach.

Jared and Jensen and Pebble Beach


Interesting, isn't it? If I were a het fan, I think I'd be wondering why Jensen is golfing in California on a weekend off, instead of visiting his wife. But far be it from me to point out the obvious.....lol.

It really is a cute picture although those 2 fans in the middle are RUINING! it. Why can't they step aside? LOL

Interesting that this picure comes along, telling everyone that these two guys are on a getaway weekend. But this coming weekend will be the Vancouver convention, so it makes you wonder if this wasn't a Milkbone. And yes, I'm sorry to say that even though I believe these two guys are very much together, they toss Milkbones to the hat fans as well. The bones are to appease, to make up for, to soften the blow of something to come.

Terrible, isn't it? To be so suspicious all the time? But there's a lot going on with them right now with these twins on the way. So there's a lot to hide.

Methodical Muser said...



Probably Eat, Pray, Love. (for the third time) then take a shower. healthy dinner. and curl up on the couch for a little sex and city

I thought of all the hyper-libidoized tweets posted right after that extended Leadville excursion, Austin's selection of the term, sex and the city, was particularly clever. I suspect that cinematic reference had less to do with the physical act (although that was a side benefit) and more to do with a shout out to the movie that competed with Jake's "Prince of Persia" just three months earlier on Memorial Day weekend.

I know it's hard to believe now if you view the blithering prattle and juvenile "stunt" work Austin seems to embrace these days, along with his cretinous beard. But,believe it or not, the guy actually used to have functioning brain cells. Along, with some down-home self-respect.

prairiegirl said...

You know when Austin's first tweet was from @SensitiveJulian ? Aug 23 2010. Obviously while still in that Leadville Loved-Up & Post-Natal Fog like you were saying, M&M. Look at those tweets again. Austin was obsessed with pregnancy and the state of. :-)


This just bothers m when I can see so clearly what Jared, Jensen and their people did. Here's another picture of them today at a car show. Look at how they're dressed - jacket required. And Jared looks perfectly fine.

All Cleared Up

And then there's this story. This fan says Jared saved her life:

taranotsarahwhen u almost get hit by a car, and they someone pulls U out of the way and then it turns out to be Jared Padalecki. And then him and Jensen Ackels take a selfie because he low key saved your life #supernatural

Isn't that just the coincidence. The repair work for last weekend's PR mess. What I can't tell yet is if the whole BK bar stunt was about hiding something that was happening last Sunday or was it just one of several future incidents or distractions on the way to the birth of the twins.

This is just way too obvious to me. While I still love the J's together as the couple that they are, they and their people are masters at manipulating all of their fans. The entire fandom. It's just really one piece of work. smh.

prairiegirl said...

The link for the Instagram "saved my life" story: low key saving a life I forgot to include the link. And credit to M&M for finding that. I also need to revise the post because her and I collaborated on it.

It's always so hilarious to me that the Paid Troll is always accusing M&M and myself as being the same person. We have such distinct writing styles, different approaches, er....different vocabularies and brain capacities, mine being the more limited one. LOLLLLL!

Methodical Muser said...

different vocabularies and brain capacities, mine being the more limited one. LOLLLLL!

Oh, no you don't. I do have a preference for polysyllabic words like, oh let's say polysyllabic (LOL!), but you are every bit as clever and creative and certainly faster in formulating your thoughts. My moniker is not exaggerated. I'm the tortoise and you're the hare. The only brain capacities I question right now are the troll, Faux Chlo and I'm afraid Austie.

destiny said...

LOL the Tumbler cartoon.

Nice to revisit Leadville, no way that isn't Austin the photo. It'd be nice to get another photo of them, but I know I can't hold my breath on that one.

prairiegirl said...

Ha ha ha, wasn't that cartoon funny? I was dying for a few minutes when I saw that.

Nice to revisit Leadville, no way that isn't Austin the photo. It'd be nice to get another photo of them, but I know I can't hold my breath on that one.

Yeah, talk about a dream. Well, there was SXSW this past March. Sort of. LOL! It's hard to say now if that was by accident or was it Jake & Austin's sneaky way of getting an "Oops" photo op in to celebrate a birth of another one in Nov/December? I don't think we'll ever know which it was. So many indications now that these two guys did have another baby late last year.

Jake & Austin are so deep in the closet now, it's hard to believe that they used to go biking and walking together in photo ops. 2012 was the last year where they went out together intentionally for the cameras. 4 years ago.