Monday, August 22, 2016

"It is Nichols."



One year ago today, August 23, 2015, we had another Jake and Austin sighting.  This time there was no blurry picture involved.  No video to be viewed.  No Vine, Vimeo, Snapchat, Periscope, or Livestream.   

We had a good old vintage, in-person sighting by a long-time friend of Oh My Godot's Special K. Seems that her pal just happened to be eating in Koreatown at 10:03pm Central Standard Time, which translates to 8:03pm Pacific Time.  He initially recognized Jake and mentioned that he was eating with a guy who had curly hair.  After some back and forth phone texting, it was confirmed that Jake was dining out with Austin that Sunday evening in Koreatown.

Only three days later past the anniversary of  their Leadville, Colorado trip, the guys had stepped out on a late evening and shared a meal for two, in a neighborhood near where Jake said he grew up.

"So, I started seeing L.A. in a very different way than I had when I grew up around it. Even though, I grew up right on the edge of Koreatown." - Jake G. via Nuke the Fridge (Oct 27 2014)

Makes you feel kinda warm and fuzzy inside.  Just a nice old- fashioned dinner out. No frills or fuss. What do you think?  I like it.  :-)  For all the headaches one can get from the eyerolls at the PR and social media shenanigans with these two, this is what I continue to see signs of - that Jake and Austin still have a tie that binds.  Has to be a love that binds.  Gotta be.  And it's what keeps me rooting for them.  May they never lose each other and the simple date nights like this.






photo cred:  Yamota on city-data, dish-maps, californiafoodtravel, nytimes
song:   But I Do Love You - Leann Rimes


3 comments:

Methodical Muser said...


Romance does keep a relationship alive, and I do think these two make sure to arrange for special times together. Gotta love a man who appreciates monosyllabic expression and understands how to use language to get his point across.


Austin’s Twitter Post Today

Austin’s Instagram Post Today

prairiegirl said...

Ha ha, something in the water in cyber space lately as I got trolled for the second day in a row by some het stans, I mean fans of Jensen Ackles. Hard to tell sometimes when these kinds of "visitors" are Mgmnt-sent or they're really just that clueless. And really? They're telling me I need help. LOL! Smh.

But I did meet a very nice fan who happened to stumble into my cul-de-sac and she knew of Ted Casablanca. She liked his columns. Lots of old fans of Ted out there. It's too bad he doesn't write anymore, isn't it? Imagine what he would be writing now.

I just don't think you'll see many more of those types of gossip writers, you know? Ted was made an example of and if Ted can get railroaded out, then what hope is out there for any newbie?

prairiegirl said...

We'll get something a little more finger snapping tomorrow. The Koreatown anniversary just kind of had me all sappy and heart-eyes with the music as well. ;D

We had about a 30-45 min. power outage here in JoCo. A neighbor said it affected about 1500 folks and luckily it didn't go on too long, but I tell you. After about 10-15 minutes, it had lost its novelty. LOL!

Not too much going on as far as any of the boys are concerned, but that is just fine & dandy. Time to call it an early night, I think, and try not to think about getting a tetanus shot tomorrow. **cries**

Us kids used to cry and carry on so much when it came to getting our shots. We must've been really pretty embarrassing & bad about it, too, for our parents to resort to tricking us into the car one time. I can't blame them, ha ha ha.

And I STILL don't like getting shots.