Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Two Years Ago on August 23, 2015


How time flies!   Sunday, August 20 was the seven (7) year anniversary of Jake and Austin spending "them" time in Leadville, Colorado during the Leadville Trail 100 Run.  By now, we all know the story of how we had totally missed this was Austin standing beside Jake, but oh, we know now, don't we?




The closer shot:



It was soon after the twosome had become proud parents once again.

And today, August 23, is the two (2) year anniversary of a good friend of Special K's spotting Jake and Austin having dinner on a Sunday night in 2015 right around 8 in the evening, in Koreatown.  And thanks to Facebook heroine Margie, we know that Jake and Austin were to become proud parents once again several months later in December.  #Congras !!!! all the way around.

So August is indeed a special month for us Jaustin fans because it has seemed to be for them.  It has been over a year since Jake and Austin were photo'd together at SXSW on March 12, 2016.  


And it probably will be a long, long time before they're seen in public together again.  But this, we know.  These two men have life moments which legally bind them together, unlike many "typical" Hollywood couples.   They've known each other since 2002, went deep into the closet in 2012 post-Berlinale.  But time after time after time after time, we have seen many signs that they're still very much together.  

And so today, we tip our glasses to Jake and Austin.  May they continue to work at the relationship that they have and we don't have to have pictures to be happy about their union.  

Some day, down the road......they'll probably cause the bottle rockets to go off and stun us all, but for now, we celebrate these two special August days.













via GIPHY







our playlist:  Once in a Lifetime - One Direction
                     Hold My Hand - Michael Jackson ft. Akon
                     It Don't Come Easy - Ringo Starr

                     

6 comments:

prairiegirl said...

Good Mooooooooooooooooooorning!!!!

Heavens to mergatroid, I have been slacking, haven't I? But hey, if we're going to be stuck on a post, what better post and music to be stuck on? I'm awful, somebody slap me on the wrist.

I've been so wrapped up in watching twitter and taking care of cats and watching baseball, I'm a mess. Worrying about my wisdom tooth that's going to come out and trying to get back to my routine here at home. That is the longest pet sitting I have ever done.

My work compadre is on vacation until after Labor Day, too on top of it. So I'm doing a lot of her work and I used to do some of it, but when you haven't done something for years, you know how that goes, right? She left us in wonderful shape though; she's a gem in that regard.

Isn't Once in a Lifetime a beautiful song? It's one of my absolute favorites of any artist. I adore it and never get tired of listening over and over. But I'll get the music changed.

Well, this day should be kind of interesting in the J2 fandom, shouldn't it? I'm just going to sit back and watch. What a last several days this has been. Certainly worthy of watching, for sure. ;-)

prairiegirl said...

Isn't this disturbing? Or is it just me wrecking business? I use several browsers, but I use Firefox also and so I use ad-blocker because let's be frank, ads are annoying and they're getting extremely intrusive in the form of all kinds of pop-ups coming from the bottom of the screen, the side, the top, wherever. I don't want to look at them, get off of my screen.
But I have the free form of Pandora and it stopped playing. So I went to the window and they told me (in so many words) that "We see you may be using ad-blocker, blah blah blah". WOW. So because I am using ad-blocker, they're going to stop their player in the hopes that I either take off the ad-blocker or pay that inflated $40 for the upgrade level of Pandora?

Maybe I'm just cheap, huh? LOL! Why do ads have to pay for everything? Why can't we just have some nice things?

prairiegirl said...

Thinking of any readers we have in Texas. All our best to you and thinking of your safety and well being.

I know the hurricane was downgraded, but the pictures sure don't look "downgraded" to me. They're really depicting a terrible situation, particularly in Houston.

prairiegirl said...

OOPS. I think somehow I had hit "Publish" and there was only a partial post showing. Hope no one saw that! LOLLLLLLLLLLL

What in the heck was I doing to cause that to happen?

Come to check on Jake and Austin's comings and goings? Two words: automatic pilot. That's all I can say. Hiding out until TIFF.

destiny said...

I know I don't always get a chance to comment, but I sure am enjoying all the great posts, I just love all the pictures and gifs you find.

prairiegirl said...

Hey, thank you, Destiny. Really appreciate it. It's tough being a restricted community. I wish so hard we could just open it up, but well, we know that just can't be.

But we have the viewers and so we know people are finding us and reading. But it's nice to actually hear from someone on a post. It's fun. It can be tough when you work full time and also need to spend time doing the usual internet scoping. And the tunes are one of the most fun aspects. LOVE spinning the vinyl!!

Poor M&M - if she ever learns how to work the music player, watch out! We may cancel each other out battling over the music. LOL!! But in the meantime, since I know how, I usually run the "radio". ;D

She's going to kill me on that one. ha hah ha