Monday, August 14, 2017

The Dog Days of Summer - OTP Style


Despite the start of many schools across the country (especially around here in mighty JoCo!), we're still technically under the rising of the star Sirius (the Dog Star which is in Canis major constellation) which occurs on August 15.  I think that qualifies for still being in the dog days of summer, how about you?  With Liam Payne's "fetching" puppy photo shoot still in Narnia's mind, we thought we would take a look at our other fave OTP stars with some canine (and other species!) friends.

Jimmie Dodd of Disney's Mouseketeer fame with the roll call, how about it, Jimmie?





Adam Lambert!




and what about this one?  Adam with Steve Aoki and Steve's dog, Lil Uzi:




And Niall Horan!














Kris Allen! 





(There's nothing like Kris kissing on a pup, is there?)


Blake Shelton!





Awww now look at that.  And because Narnia is an inclusive community, we have Blake with a kittie:
 



















Wow.   Who knew?
Who's next, Jimmie?


Louis Tomlinson!!





And we won't hold anything against chimps either.  This picture is awesome:

























Jensen Ackles!  Here's Jensen and Icarus:




and a bonus!Jensen and Jared with a member of the Suidae family:




That's a favorite right there.

And because it's against the law to not conjoin Jensen with Jared...






















This post is killin'.  Jimmie, who's going to kill us next with the cuteness?

Jonathan Toews!




and because Patrick does seem to kind of elude the canine breed, it does seem he was captured in a photo with his buddy Jonny and a fan.

Patrick Kane!



Awwww.  lol.  Yeah, look who's engaged with the pup.   That's okay, Patrick.  Perhaps the Man with the Hockey Stick can't afford to be easily distracted.  ;-)


Now hold on - this just in.  Do unicorns count?  Patrick goes big, I guess. From a Stanley Cup party, Patrick with the equine cosplay...





Austin Nichols! with a side of Hilarie Burton:






That's a rare sighting, folks.  Austin in his earlier, OTH days.

Harry Styles!!





better watch it, Harry, they can squirt right out of your arms if you're not holding on...



 
Jimmie, where'd you go?  Who's next?


Adam Levine!  






and THAT, everyone - is a BOOM.  That's a boom.  Can he do it again?





Again - who knew?  Who even knew?   Jimmie c'mon, keep up, buddy.

Jake Gyllenhaal!





Jake and bless his heart, Atti.  And who hasn't seen Jake with his Boo?


























Aaaah!



Zayn Malik!!





good lord.  That is too much.  And here's Zayn with his dog, Boris:





lol.  Someone on pinterest called Boris a "burnt marshmallow".  And it's true - he kind of is that color.  Because we're already on Tilt, what's the point...hit us again, Zayn!






Bonus hour!!  MLB members - Mike "Moose" Moustakas" and his pup Gus:





and Whit Merrifield:






I claim complete innocence on Whit and one of the family pets!  I cannot be held responsible for the lack of sun coverage - just a victim of Pinterest circumstance.  ;-)

One more sneak-in - I could not help it!   Mr. Dylan O'Brien:




And Jimmie, who is the crescendo on this tribute?  

Liam "Lima Bean" Payne.  Awwww...





I see Liam doesn't fall too far from the Jake Tree, does he?  LOL!
And this one will just about do us all in:




Well, before we high "tail" it out of here, Narnia wants to salute all of our OTP's and honorary so-called "members".  Thank you "fur" all the adorbs and aww's.  Just what we could use on a Monday, right?


pic sources:  pinterest, youtube, tumblr, Sugarscape, justyounggods, Daily Fail, Page Six, vk.com
other source:  jtsor daily (Thank you, M&M)
our playlist:  Me and You and a Dog Named Boo - Harry Nilsson
                     The Dog Days Are Over - Florence & the      Machine
                     Me and My Arrow - Harry Nilsson
                     Dog and Butterfly (Live in Seattle) - Heart

10 comments:

prairiegirl said...

Wheweee, that was awesome. The boys and all their dogs and pups, and chimps and birds and kittens and I don't know what else. Nah, there weren't any birds. Could've been, but there wasn't.

Well, last day of a four day weekend and tomorrow it's back to the salt mines for this kiddo. And I'm pretty bummed about it, ha ha. It's probably a good thing I have a job five days a week, 40 hrs. because otherwise things would just disintegrate.

prairiegirl said...

It would be fair to assess that Jake's people aren't too happy right now.

Signs of desperation would be that the blog next door, the branch off of the very original blog named after Ted's top blind item, has now today been professing straight Jake. Not only straight Jake, but Jake being "friends with benefits" with gal pal Greta Caruso. And living together in NYC.

The eclipse has happened early, I think. LOL! Holy cow, what in the heck. I myself, am just waiting for this to happen and unfold. They need to put their money where their mouth is. And I certainly hope they aren't going to go the Austin/Bennet route of wimpy PDA. Most unsatisfying. ;-)

Methodical Muser said...


Those selected photos are awesome. Nothing better than good lookin' guys with their cute fluffy critters. Or, in the case of the piggy, cute bristly-haired critter!

One of my favorite doggie moments was that time when vertically challenged Harry Styles stumbled over the cutest little pupper and came back to seek his forgiveness. You can see in that last photo that the critter is already succumbing to that Harry Styles charm!

Harry Styles accidentally tripping on a puppy and returning to apologize

Harry Styles accidentally tripping on a puppy and returning to apologize #2

Harry Styles accidentally tripping on a puppy and returning to apologize #3

Methodical Muser said...


Signs of desperation would be that the blog next door, the branch off of the very original blog named after Ted's top blind item, has now today been professing straight Jake

I know. What an absolute joke that blog has become over the last four years. The ostensibly "fan" administered website had already reached bizarro world status when the troll moderator inexplicably changed from a Jake is gay blog to an Austin and Chloe OTP account. Uploading pointless "insidery" snapchats, instagram stories and planted articles so the administrator could then use them to try and ship the hetero fauxmance between those goofy "lovebirds". And, as a side benefit, apparently highlight Austin's emasculation by a pea-brain beard and his rapidly accelerating career melt down.

Now, the blog takeover has come full circle as the troll is unabashedly posting about Jake Gyllenhaal's straightness. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! PR isn't even trying to be subtle any more. Toothy? Who's Toothy?

prairiegirl said...

Well, I guess now there'll be new ship material. What shall they be called? Grake? Jeta? LOL. "Jeta".

We'll peek in on Jeta once in awhile, not too much, don't need to swell the heads. Especially since looking at them is like looking at a funeral procession with all that constant black and grey going on.

These are tough enough times as it is, don't need to darken the mood any further with the mourning colors. ;-)

Here's a look at Jeta if you haven't seen yet.

funeral procession

prairiegirl said...

Tomorrow is do or die with the dentista. I'm going to tell the dentist I just want shots and just yank it out. I know they'll try to put me to sleep and I don't need that. I had several teeth pulled way back when I had my braces and they had to take out a few. Didn't have shots then, don't need them now.

Wish me luck! I'm feeling a little.....anxious. =O *cries*

prairiegirl said...

Updated playlist!

Physical - Olivia Newton-John
Flashdance (What a Feeling) - Irene Cara
Y.M.C.A. - The Village People


;-D

prairiegirl said...

Apologies for not changing the music yet! Kind of like those catchy old tunes, tho, lol.

Working on a post that hopefully we can get up tomorrow evening. Still watching my 3 kitties and we're having quite the time.

Oh - and I'm going to have to have not only my cracked/busted molar pulled, but the ol' wisdom tooth next to it!!!!!!

I'm in denial right now.

destiny said...

What a fun post. I also really love the Harry tripping over a puppy pictures.

So sorry about the dental work PG. I hope it goes smoothly.

prairiegirl said...

Hi Dest! Good news!!! First of all, I was all wrong. My dentista appt was Thursday, not Wed. lol. I had psyched myself out for nothing. Thank heavens for text messages from our doctors and dentists, right?

Anyway, I only have one tooth to get pulled and it'll be my back wisdom tooth. The dentist needs it pulled before he puts a crown on the cracked tooth which it was next to. So I had the information all wrong, as usual. And he said "Now if I was you, while you're there, I would have them pull Number #so and so (can't remember the number), the wisdom tooth above it." Huh? Why? There's nothing wrong with it.

Needless to say, that tooth is staying put. Why would you pull a tooth that isn't causing any trouble? What in the heck? Oh, and the good news is they don't think I'll need to go to sleep, I can get shot the heck up and then it'll be Naproxin city for me. I hate shots more than anything, tho. But it beats getting put to sleep.

Still not looking forward to it, tho. It's been a long time since I had my teeth pulled for the braces.

These pics were a lot of fun to find. I had some of them already, but many I didn't. The ones of Adam Levine blew me away. Really, really nice.