Monday, April 10, 2017

Night Owl - Day 11



Thirty Days of Toothy Tile, Grey Goose and the Baby Tiles

Day 11

 

At a press conference which was held at the New York's Four Seasons Hotel to discuss the movie Brothers, director Jim Sheridan and co-lead Jake Gyllenhaal's exchange unexpectedly brought forth quite an interesting slip.  Let's drop in, as the miscue does not require much translation.  [Jake speaks of "Tobey", referring to Tobey Maguire who co-stars in Brothers with him.]


"Will Oscar Smile on 'Brothers' " - by Stephen Schaefer 
Sunday, November 22, 2009

(edit.)


GYLLENHAAL: I'm going to talk about Tobey. Can I talk about Tobey? [laughs]


SHERIDAN: Where I come from and you're working with actors you're all the time trying to stop them performing. These guys were so still I was like, 'Oh my God, I don't have any work to do.' American actors are so used to the medium of film.

GYLLENHAAL: Did you say ‘stale’?

SHERIDAN: I didn't say ‘stale.’ I wouldn't say stale. The difficulty with Jake is he's kind of like, you know the way that other actors are really intense and they come on and you're like, 'Oh my God.' Jake is kind of like that but he's got a 360 degree intensity. You never know where he's looking. He's kind of in the scene but he's kind of looking around himself. It takes a bit of getting used to and it took me a few weeks to get used to Jake's approach which is very unique in my experience. He just thinks he's in real life -- and he's up on the screen. Jake is just the same now as on the thing, up with the kid, up with his sister's kid. He keeps joking even when I get serious and all, don't you?

GYLLENHAAL: I think you just described me as a crazy person. 'Jake has no idea of reality'.

"Up with the kid", followed by the prompt correction of "his sister's kid".  Even though it looks like Maggie was visibly attending events in New York City along with husband Peter Sarsgaard in November and December of 2008 and January 2009 (the same months Brothers was to be filming).  Not likely that their daughter Ramona would have been with Jake in New Mexico while he was filming a movie if both of her parents were stationed in New York City.  Baby Tile would have been a little over a year old.






pic source:  fanforum
our playlist: Rock Me Gently - Andy Kim
                    Take Me In Your Arms (Rock Me A Little While) -      
                    Doobie Brothers

No comments: