Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Straight Outta Quote Central - Day 13



Thirty Days of Toothy Tile, Grey Goose and the Baby Tiles

Day 13

 

This is the header from an interview published in December 2009, entitled "The Other Side of the War".  The interview focused on the movie Brothers, which Jake had filmed with Tobey McGuire and Natalie Portman.

 

 

An excerpt:
Brothers tells a story of a convicted felon, played by Gyllenhaal, who has an affair with his Marine brother Sam's wife Grace, played by Tobey Maguire and Natalie Portman respectively. He shares what it was like to be in Tommy's situation.



"I don't have a brother, thank God!" he says, "I do have a brother-in-law now, but that would be weird. Anyway, I believe that I think that we all have a great ability to move towards 'Our impulse is anger' or 'Our impulse is violence'. 
I think I speak for myself as a married man that there are things that come in what you want to do, what you feel like you should do, and what you should do."


 
Narnia would glad fully provide the link:  http://www.thecinemasource.com/blog/interviews/jake-gyllenhaal-interview-for-brothers/
but unfortunately,  this is what will greet you:

 

pic source:  thecinemasource 
our playlist:  Hero - David Crosby
                     Say - John Mayer
                     I Confess - English Beat

            

2 comments:

prairiegirl said...

So glad that I did a screen cap of that website because now the article is gone.

We've got some good stuff coming up on these two crazy vagabonds. Some great finds, including one that I had not put up on Tumblr yet, but had always intended to.

Thank you so much to everyone who is coming to visit. Some of it is a "Oh, yeah, I forgot all about that!" kind of stuff for old timer regulars, but for many folks, it's new. We have a strong feeling that we have quite a new, younger audience and many did not know about much of this. That was one reason for us deciding to do this 30 days series.

Tomorrow is Friday for some folks, including myself, woohoo!!! Let's hear it for a union contract and being a beneficiary of that contract. ;-)

prairiegirl said...

"I speak for myself as a married man."


Listen to the man talk, folks. His character in the movie wasn't married. He was in the middle of talking about personal stuff and he just felt like putting it out there.

It was right there; it cannot be dismissed.