Tuesday, April 3, 2018

30 Days and 16 Years: A Pin Up History of Jake Gyllenhaal and Austin Nichols - Day 3


Friday night at a Borders.  That's what you call nice and chill.

On May 4, 2007, Jake and Austin made a trip to Borders with some buddies.  Looks like Austin made it out with some purchases.









Hard not to like this kind of low key Friday night!  The pap wrote a small story on how he came to be outside and catch this moment; if true, we were really the beneficiaries, weren't we? 
 

pic source:  IHJ
our playlist:  The Book of Love - The Monotones
                     Every Day I Write the Book - Elvis Costello
                     Book of Days - Enya

5 comments:

Florida Tom said...

Wow the bookstore pics. They bring back some memories .Brings back to mind other pics when we saw these guys together all the time.

prairiegirl said...

Just think, there’ll be a different one every day all month long!

Ha ha, I see you have your national championship avatar already! ;-)

prairiegirl said...

I miss Borders. Used to have one not too far away and I liked to go there late in the evening and just browse myself to death. And they also had DVD’s and CD’s, cd’s in all kinds of genres. They had calendars for the new year and magazines and DVD box sets. I could look forever in their store. I don’t know, I like that we can find anything we want online, but there was something about being able to see them and look at them in your hands.

Florida Tom said...

I loved Borders. Really lucky that I have a Barnes and Nobles close by. That is one store I cannot go into and come out without buying something. I still love books.

Florida Tom said...

Speaking of books I just read one called "Boy Erased" by Garrard Conley. It is a true story about a kid is convinced to enter into gay conversion therapy. What a sad but terrific read. The book is going to be a movie that is getting a lot of Oscar buzz and is starring Lucas Hedges(Manchester by the Sea), Nicole Kidman, Russell Crowe. Also starring And directed by Joel Edgerton. I can't wait to see it.